PDA

View Full Version : Bad PA - hearing voices

ChilliChocolate
13-04-14, 12:07
Hi all,

Just had a huge PA on scale 10. Can someone please advise. I'm on 10mg citalopram and have been edgy this morning after weekly blood pressure check.

Anyway I was feeling good, did a bit of hoovering and was making lunch. My husband did something for me and I thought he said 'thanks for that' in a sarcastic way. I said 'sorry' to him thinking that I upset him but he freaked on me saying that I'm hearing things because he didn't say anything. He always accuses me of hearing things.

Then this instant gush hits me of sheer panic. All of a sudden I'm thinking im going mad! Its the pills, its me, it everything! This has scared the poo out of me! I was doing so well this week. Why this? Why now?

CC x

ankietyjoe
13-04-14, 12:55
It's actually pretty common to hallucinate with anxiety, and even more so on medication.

I've never taken AD's so I can't comment on what you're taking, but several weeks ago I had a couple of nasty bouts of borderline psychosis when I was taking antibiotics. I went to pick up my son from school with my partner and I stayed in the car as I was still poorly, and when she came back she found me in the back seats looking for a bird that had got into the car. Of course there was no bird there......

I found this (and the other few things I experienced) very unsettling, but they did pass when I stopped taking the medication.

I would talk to your GP about it in the morning (or phone NHS direct and see what they say).

Your husbands attitude probably isn't helping either. If you are hearing things, then try and explain how scary you find it and ask for his understanding.

ChilliChocolate
13-04-14, 13:28
Thanks! That's good to know re anxiety and hallucinations.

I rang gp out of hours and they want to see me this afternoon. I'm supposed to be starting cbt tomorrow and at least another doc's opinion on my health anxiety would be ok. In the meantime, trying to do some mindfulness but can't concentrate.

Thanks again! X