PDA

View Full Version : Return of symptoms pre-menopause

dorabella
13-04-14, 14:03
Has anyone currently going through pre-menopause, found that all the old anxiety and physical symptoms they used to experience have come back with a vengeance?

I've been going through this for nearly two years and for the last year have been extremely frustrated at going through all the old nonsense again - thought that the worst of the anxiety and depression and all the physical problems such as fibromyalgia and costo, which came with it had begun to fade into the background. Yet here I am again - fibro worsening, daily joint and muscle pains, hyperventilation, anxiety and agoraphobia, plus the grey spectre of depression all hovering over me again. Panic attacks also on the rise.

Have been stressed due to pressure of work for the last few months but would hate to think that, having taught myself to deal with all this over the last 20 years, I'm going to have to start all over again.

From what I have read, pre-menopause can exacerbate any pre-existing physical and emotional conditions and it seems to be so in my case. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same and how they came to terms with it - it's driving me nuts and stopping me from getting on with plans and projects as I never know how I'm going to feel from one day to the next.

D