PDA

View Full Version : leaving the country

nycworrier
03-12-06, 12:47
Hi,all im new here I am just looking for advice on how to cope with my fear/phobia.
Here goes,my partner and I have a trip booked to New York for march 07 the thing is I am terrified something will happen and we will be so far away from home,I am scared.Please help.

'smile and the world wonders what you have done' :)

nycworrier
03-12-06, 12:57
can anybody help me?

matt1981
03-12-06, 13:22
Try telling yourself or writing it down will be better something like "There is a minute chance something will happen but it is extremely unlikely. The chances are I will have a very good time, I will really enjoy it and ill come back feeling great because I have faced up to it and done it"

It is 3 months away so If you read that a couple of times every day and remember it by March it'll be drummed in to your haed and you will be fine :)

Matt

nycworrier
03-12-06, 14:37
Ahhh cheers matt,
I am more than willing to give it a try,I wish I would have seen this forum sooner,we were meant to go in november just gone and due to my panicking we never,lost the deposit ect...

Lynnann
03-12-06, 15:52
Hi there,

There are a lot of self help books available to help, you have time to feel more positive about this trip. Try looking through some of the links on this site.

Take care of yourself

Lynnann

nycworrier
03-12-06, 16:32
Thanks for the replies I really appreciate it.

xx

barbie
10-12-06, 23:50
Hi!

I did it - I went to St Lucia last week! I coped. I did panic, and I did nearly not go etc, but I did it and I did enjoy it and I AM ALIVE AND WELL AND NOTHING HAPPENED!

Are you worried about getting ill or something? Because if for any reason you were to get ill you would get brilliant medical care in America, if anything happened on the plane there would be someone to help you etc.

Can you list your fears? matt1981's advice is excellent, I find that writing down a list of what I am afraid of then burning it helps too.

Organise yourself with some Bach Flower Rememdies, there are quite a few for fear, also try EFT as you can do this on the plane and anytime you feel an attack.

You can do it honey. x

"Smile Like You Mean It"

nycworrier
11-12-06, 20:31
Hi hun,
Firstly congratulations on your flight and your fab holiday!
Secondly thanks for your kind words!I nkow what your are saying is totaly making sense to me,butI dunno I'm scared of so many things not so much the flying to be honest,but when we are there,I worry really badly about stupid things but these 'stupid' things are potentially going to ruin our holidays of a lifetime!