PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to experience anxiety in a different way?

flatterycat
13-04-14, 15:05
Firstly I am sorry for posting yet again - I am not dong to well at the moment and have posted a few threads about it all.

Basically I am struggling with really weird symptoms and I just feel that my anxiety is different this time. This in turn is making me scared that it's not anxiety but something else. I feel scared, irritable, spaced out, can't concentrate and keep crying. I just don't feel myself. I am terrified I have a brain tumour as my head feels fuzzy and I feel like I can't fully engage in things. I also have this sense that something isn't right (but that this time it's not anxiety) and because I can't really explain it (and it's different to my normal) it can't be anxiety.

Has anyone else found that their anxiety pattern has ever changed?

Thanks for reading

Sarah x

eve22
13-04-14, 15:32
When i first started having panic attacks that all it was, a panic attack. I didnt have the crazy thoughts, the crazy negative feelings or even mood swings. so Yes mine has changed over the years! gotten worse.

flatterycat
13-04-14, 20:05
Also, I am finding that I feel wound up like a coiled spring.

My little one who is 4yrs is everything to me, but over the last week I have been short with her - she never stops talking and loves my undivided attention - but I am struggling to be a good Mum. I find myself wanting to just have some time where I am alone and just able to watch a film or read without having to talk or play 'princesses'! Then I feel so guilty.

Can anxiety make you want to scream or shout? I don't mean to my little girl, I wouldn't do that, but generally.

x

Phuzella
13-04-14, 21:03
This is what children do, interact with their adults,it's how they learn. They grow up fast, make the most of their childhoods. :)

flatterycat
13-04-14, 21:29
Phuzella - My little girl is the most amazing, wonderful gift I have ever had. I know that she is learning from me constantly. I also know only too well how quickly they grow up. I think I was just trying to say that sometimes I feel very guilty if I'm not giving her constant attention and that I was worried about feeling impatient with her.:weep:

Phuzella
13-04-14, 21:48
Don't worry, every parent feels impatient with their children at times, my 3 are grown up and I still get impatient with them:D. Kids are bloody hard work!
Your daughter is 4 so at school soon?

flatterycat
14-04-14, 08:15
Hi

She started school in Sept:weep: Far too young in my opinion!
She's a July baby so one of the young ones.

X