PDA

View Full Version : Went to Doc but still not convinced

billythefraud
13-04-14, 15:10
Well I have been having a tight cramp pain that goes from the outside of the left ribs around to the back and shoot to the lower side sometimes. I have been freaking out about Pancreatic c****r so after having the pain almost constantly for a month I finally went to the Doc. He looked at me like I was crazy when I said im scared its PC . He said thats not even the location of the Pancreas . Plus im only 30 he said hes sure its a muscle problem or costochondritis. The thing is even after seeing him im still afraid how can he be so sure what if he's wrong. I really need your opinions guys

bulan
13-04-14, 15:25
I have anxiety about pancreatic c****r too, but those symptoms you describe wouldn't worry me. Have you tried seeing a massage therapist or chiropractor?

AnnieMags
13-04-14, 15:34
You have been to a medical professional who has examined you and told you it is not PC. Believe him! He is sure because the symptoms do not fit PC - the fear is just stuck on a loop in your brain. Why should the opinion of a forum with no medical training override your doctor's? This is the awful thing about HA - we will not be reassured, even by the experts - after five minutes we are back to the 'what-ifs?' and seeking more reassurance, anywhere, from anyone. It is easier to see reason when it is someone else's fear and I am sure EVERYONE on this forum will say "Trust your doctor - fortunately you are well!!" Best wishes from Annie

billythefraud
13-04-14, 15:44
Thanks guys that helps. And Annie your right I had a Abdominal CT 2 years ago and it was clear and I felt ok about the fear for a while until I started getting left rib pain then the damn fear started again. HA is so exhausting it really can control your life

AnnieMags
13-04-14, 16:07
I could not agree more - it we let it, it takes over. I don't know what the solution is - it is very hard to change the way we react to health concerns. I speak from experience - i have (in my mind only!!) had every cancer imaginable. No symptom has ever been too insignificant to be cancer! :wacko: At least nothing will ever creep up on us - any little symptom will be examined and re-examined and medical advice sought before anything has a chance to get worrisome. Joking aside and back to the issue in question - your doctor has told you you do not have PC and you can now confidently let that go.

There is any number of totally benign causes for aches and pains (you may have heard the expressions "If you hear hoofbeats, it is likely to be horses, not zebras! :) ) - just live with yours and ignore them for a while, and who knows - they may just go away once you stop worrying about them. If not, a physiotherapist or a chiropractor might be able to help, as Bulan suggests.

billythefraud
13-04-14, 16:23
Yea im gonna go to a chiro if this doesn't go away in a couple of weeks. I also have a appointment with a psychiatrist on april 21. Hopfully get me on some good pills

LE
13-04-14, 19:25
Hi

I have same problem only mine on right side. Mostly in my back.

I'm terrified too. Mainly as I've had this for nearly 4 years on and off. I'm now thinking it's something serious and it's going to be too late.