PDA

View Full Version : New freckle?

Mogwog
13-04-14, 16:14
Is it normal to have anew freckle appear out if nowhere? I am have fair skin and do have some freckles across my cheeks etc but I have noticed one just underneath my eye which seems to have appeared out of nowhere and I'm having a massive panic about it. I have been back and forth to the drs recently with my health anxiety so don't want to back unnecessarily. It's small and the same colour as all the others but is new.

Thanks

Jonesle
13-04-14, 16:21
How old are you? My dermatologist says it's perfectly normal to have new moles and freckles right up into your forties x

Mogwog
13-04-14, 16:22
Hi I'm 32.x

Jonesle
13-04-14, 16:24
I wouldn't say a new freckle which looks the same as the others ought to worry you too much, obviously if it grows and starts looking unusual then see your gp? X

Kirbear
13-04-14, 16:25
I'm 30 and always getting new freckles. They also tend to come out more with the sun.

Mrschurchill
13-04-14, 19:10
I have a lot of moles due to having phototherapy sessions for my psoriasis so I'm suppose 'high risk' for skin cancer and have new ones pop up all the time! Only if they are very large, asymetrical etc do I panic! Only once happened, was on my stomach and very different from others, had it removed and biopsied and thankfully nothing to worry about :)

I'm sure it's perfectly fine, just keep a wee eye out! Xx

Fishmanpa
13-04-14, 19:44
Is it normal to have anew freckle appear out if nowhere?

Absolutely, totally, without a doubt... NORMAL :)

Positive thoughts

Masqued
14-04-14, 11:47
Yep completely normal.

Mogwog
14-04-14, 14:21
Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply- im so much calmer about it now :D

Xxxx