** old post - just added update at the end **

Bladder:
Sometimes don't feel emptying it fully
When on feet feel pressure in lower tummy and pelvis
Dribble a tiny amount sometimes after I finish urinating
** gp had said prolapse

Bowel
For past year plus I've had a very soft bowel movement every morning
In past 2 weeks I now seem to be slightly constipated having to strain slightly to expel the stool
** gp has said ibs

Other symptoms
Feeling bloated
Back pain on right had side around the ribs, worse when pressure applied to the area I.e bra strap, sitting against it.
Feel nausea often after eating
Can hear a sort of acid gurgling noise on throat. Almost sounds like glistening.
No appetite

Not sure if related to eating.
Sometimes pain in front of abdomen near belly button

** gp has said acid reflux/gastritis plus ibs

I'm terrified though it's cancer. I've had a lot of blood tests and I also had the back pain on and off for 4 years around time I had an abdominal mri for liver cyst. Consultant said the cyst was not causing the back pain nor did they see anything on the scan that would be causing it like bone tumours etc.

But I'm also worried about any kind of cancer and ovarian.

Can anyone help me please?

Jonesle
13-04-14, 17:16
Your doctor has diagnosed you with acid? A lot of these symptoms tally up directly with anxiety, I think there's a sticky on it? Have a read xxxx
Just found it in articles down the side, anxiety article x

maybrooke
13-04-14, 18:03
Hi LE I get a lot of the symptoms you get, I also get like a pulling kind of strained muscle sensation from my pelvis to just under side of right rib, I think I might have a ovarian cyst or something , I get an ache when I lie on my stomach too. I have been diagnosed with gallstones about a year ago, so not sure if this is contributing to the pain, I worry myself stupid thinking about the big C �� x

LE
13-04-14, 19:29
It's awful Maybrooke.

I'm so fed up of seeking test after test.

A couple of months ago it was neck I was obsessed with, then in winter Xmas time that mouth cancer, then in the autumn tonsil/throat cancer then the summer was lymphoma. The start of last year it I was giving birth so was obsessed with all the complications of that. It just been like this for the past 4 years this October. So far nothing been found. And yet constant symptoms jumping all over the place.

Fishmanpa
13-04-14, 20:05
** gp has said acid reflux/gastritis plus ibs

Can anyone help me please?

The best help I can give is the bolded text in your OP. A medical professional has diagnosed the physical issues and ruled out anything sinister. Treat the anxiety along with the physical symptoms and eventually they will lessen.

I've posted how I ended up in the ER due to chest pain. I knew it was from "scanxiety" but went nonetheless based on my history. I was diagnosed with acid reflux and what I call "scanxiety" that comes up every three months come check up time. So..... now I take a good PPI which has eliminated my stomach issues and have a med to take come check up time to help with the stress... That along with some CBT techniques I learned from the free course here and I'm fine.... Problem solved ;)

Positive thoughts

LE
26-02-17, 17:03
Update
I'm shocked at the number of times I've not updated outcomes. So for anyone searching for people with similar symptoms...

I eventually went for a pelvic and bladder ultrasound. All results normal. The doctor first checked with a full bladder then asked me to go and empty it and come back and she re-scanned and confirmed I was indeed emptying normally.

Ofcourse after this the symptoms disappeared.

Hancock
26-02-17, 17:10
About your bladder, sounds like a pelvic floor dysfunction issue. I've been diagnosed with that and had to undergo physical therapy but I had a plethora of horrible symptoms, the main one being severe pelvic pain. It's totally manageable with some myofacial release therapy and yoga. And it can be can be caused by a lot of different things, one of the main ones being anxiety, along with birth control use, sexual abuse, etc, fibro, etc.

As for your other symptoms, all seems very anxietyish to me. I'd trust your doc.

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:09 ----------

Oops! Didn't realize this was an old thread. Either way, for any ladies having issues, there's a bit of insight from my part, hah.

LE
26-02-17, 17:24
About your bladder, sounds like a pelvic floor dysfunction issue. I've been diagnosed with that and had to undergo physical therapy but I had a plethora of horrible symptoms, the main one being severe pelvic pain. It's totally manageable with some myofacial release therapy and yoga. And it can be can be caused by a lot of different things, one of the main ones being anxiety, along with birth control use, sexual abuse, etc, fibro, etc.

As for your other symptoms, all seems very anxietyish to me. I'd trust your doc.

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:09 ----------

Oops! Didn't realize this was an old thread. Either way, for any ladies having issues, there's a bit of insight from my part, hah.

Sorry Hancock I was just trying to update my old posts and I know whenever I search for particular symptoms and I see they didn't post an outcome I sometime worry they had something awful.

In my case it turned out to be the usual for me...anxiety.

Now if only I couldn't look at my historical posts, see the pattern andstop fixating on als. Although I am so much better than wheee I was before!

Hancock
26-02-17, 18:42
It takes time LE. It took a lot of us a year or more to really accept that fact and stop obsessing over it. You just gotta get to the point where you really believe and accept that it's about true, clinical weakness and nothing more.

Just keep on trucking. It's gonna take time, you might have a relapse or two (I did), but eventually it wont constantly be sitting in your mind.

Worriedwellornot
26-02-17, 19:29
Hi LE I just wondered did you get a resolution to your acid/gastritis issues as I'm suffering pretty much what you posted on 13/4/14. I suffer from Health Anxiety but these symptoms are really troubling .

LE
27-02-17, 01:30
Hi LE I just wondered did you get a resolution to your acid/gastritis issues as I'm suffering pretty much what you posted on 13/4/14. I suffer from Health Anxiety but these symptoms are really troubling .

Hi

Most of the issues resolved and/or I just tuned out of them because they were 'normal' body sensations. For example I see here I mention the glistening in the throat noise. Well I still have this to this day. Have I noticed it in the past 2.5 years - nope! But I noticed it again in Nov 2016.

I was extremely anxious so not sure if it was the fixations kicking in of monitoring every single thing. But also because of my anxiety I wasn't eating and was only really drinking cola. So could it be acid/reflux related. Yes prob that too. Since I've become less anxious is it still there - yip. Do I notice it as often - no! Why? Because I have moved onto other fixations which I won't go into for poss trigger. I've taking Omeprazole but on and off so not regular enough.

The thin is see when I noticed it in Nov 2016 I did think I had had it before but discounted that and managed to attribute it to the new worry. So actually ready this back and see I already posted about it in 2014 means I'd likely know well before now something serious, well I know we think what we have is serious at the time but something clinically serious that could be seen by a doctor.

Hope this helps xx

Worriedwellornot
27-02-17, 18:17
Thank you that makes sense x