PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Samanthasarah
03-12-06, 13:27
Hello Everyone, Im Samantha/18/England.
Firstly i would like to stress how happy i am to finally find a site which im hoping will be able to give me some useful information on my anxiety.
It all started when i was nine and was almost dragged into a car with a known paedophile in my area, after that horrible experiance i could never leave my home alone and would panic if was left alone. As i got older it happened less often, until May 2004 when my and my fiance were round his parents house. We had been discussing that night our plans of moving into our new house, for me it was a really nice evening as i felt we all got on really well and i was happy chatting about mine and matts plans. That night me and my fiance went back to our flat and i remember scolding him for leaving his mobile at work (we had no landline) The next day was a typical Monday morning and i was sat at my desk answering calls as usual, wen matt rings me to say that hes just been told by his mum that his dad has died. I was in shock and rushed round his mums, turns out his dad had died half an hr after we had left and that his mum cud not get hold of matt to tell him. He had a blood clot which caused a heart attack. Because his dad died so suddenly and without warning i guess it started to make me worry about my own health. Ever since that day iv been having panic attacks up to four times a day. I feel i can not control it and for the last couple of months i have pretty much turned to alcohol. I have tried so much with no result.

matt1981
03-12-06, 13:34
Hiya you've come to the right place people on here are very understanding and helpful and there are a lot of people who are anxious about their health. It is really sad about what happened to your fiacees dad but that doesnt mean its going to happen to you. You managed to get past what happened when you was nine so you will be able to get through this. I am not lectruing you but try and cut down on the drinking ansd have you tried CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy)

Take Care

Matt x

honeybee3939
03-12-06, 13:39
Hi Samantha,

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way.:D

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Lynnann
03-12-06, 14:46
Hi Samantha,

Welcome to the forum, you will make some good friends here and get some great advice and support along the way! I am sorry that you are having a hard time, a sudden death is always a shock and the grieving process is difficult, Have you spoken to your GP, maybe they could recommend some counselling or therapy for you!

I don't want to sound like a wet blanket but alcohol will only make your symptoms worse as it is a depressent. I know that it provides short term relief and I turn to it myself at times although I know that it is not the answer.

I hope your GP can provide a better alternative for you.

Take care of yourself

Hugs to you

Lynnann

manmoor
03-12-06, 15:30
Hi Samantha,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Lindalou64
03-12-06, 17:00
HELLO SAMATHA,
IM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LOSS........IM SURE THAT HAS CAUSED ALOT OF ANXIETY.......IM SURE YOU WILL FIND ALOT OF SUPPORT HERE.....I UNDERSTAND YA JUST WANNA DRINK AND NUMB YA SELF RIGHT NOW...BUT IN THE LONG RUN HUN ITS NOT HELPING YOU ....ITS JUST ANOTHER DEPRESSANT THAT WILL MAKE YA FEEL WORSE LATER.......MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YAS ..HOPE YOU BOTH CAN FIND PEACE IT TAKES TIME...................TC XXLINDA[8D]

trac67
03-12-06, 17:56
Hi Samantha,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

matilda
03-12-06, 23:02
Hi Sam and welcome to NMP

mooks
04-12-06, 00:46
hi sam
its awful isnt it...anxiety always stays with us ive learnt that...ive been managing pretty well the last 6 years ..unitl my dads suicide last year...i took comfort in a few drink every evening to 'help' then 2 months aog i just got overwelmed by it....stop the drink..get help...it will be the right forward...
xx

nomorepanic
04-12-06, 19:47
Hi Samantha

Welcome aboard.

Have a good read of the website at www.nomorepanic.co.uk

Loads of advice on there too.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel