PDA

View Full Version : Reassurance please :(

Chloe34517
13-04-14, 22:46
I have so many physical symptoms today and just feel genuinely so, so ill. I need reassurance so bad but I don't know what anybody can say to make me feel better. The pains in my chest and spasms are unbearable and I feel so nauseous and faint. I keep shivering one minute and then being hot the next. My hands are constantly soaking with sweat. Sometimes I stand up and literally have to steady myself because for a moment I go so faint and hot and just feel so deathly in those moments. In my head and heart I know that if I sleep tonight I'll die from either a lung/heart related problem or sleep apnoea which I have so many symptoms of. My arms are aching so much and I just bent over to stole my cat and literally got such a chest spasms and was so out of breath. I get these sudden sick, heavy, hot feeling in my head that travel down my body and make me so faint, and like I'm slipping away. I don't understand way the spasms in my chest are and everytime I laugh I have to grab my chest because it spasms and is painful. When I feel sick like right now it makes me shivery and I shake so much. I don't know how I'm supposed to sleep and take tha risk of not waking up again. I know I'll either die or that I'll just cease to exist. I just always feel sure that I'm closing my eyes for the last time and that it's over for me, for some reason. I even get sort of superstitious, like what if this life is someone's dream and they wake up etc. I can't stop sobbing and the sick feeling and shivering is making me shake and tremor.

xrachykinsx
13-04-14, 22:50
Are you being treated for your anxiety? All of the symptoms you have...are unforunately a symptom of your anxiety. You do not actually have anything wrong with you, but your anxiety is producing these symptoms. I had heart palpitations, numb arms, tingly hands, tingly feet when my anxiety was at it's height. I am now being treated for my anxiety and I do not have these symptoms anymore....despite me at the time being convinced I had MS or something. It sounds asthough you are really struggling with how you feel, and the symptoms are really upsetting you too. Perhaps a trip to the doctor to get help about your anxiety? xx

Fishmanpa
13-04-14, 23:02
Hi Chloe,

I posted on another thread by you. This is an internet forum. We can post things that we feel will be helpful but ultimately it's up to you to act.

Words on a screen do not physically get you to visit your doctor and speak about what you're feeling. Of course, no one here is a medical professional but that being said, this all points to anxiety. It would be in your best interest to visit your GP, perhaps print out some of the threads and symptoms you're having and discuss a plan of action to treat your anxiety.

I have a daughter about your age and she suffers from anxiety. She's seeing a therapist and has been on meds for a few months and doing much better.

Positive thoughts

Chloe34517
13-04-14, 23:07
Hi xrachykinsx,

The mental health team aren't that great, but I'm on a waiting list for therapy. There are so many symptoms though and I felt ill before this anxiety, I didn't start feeling ill because I was anxious. Like, I started worrying because I feel so ill and nobody takes me seriously or will save me. Sleep to me is so death like, because I'm not in control, so I don't know how to let go and sleep and take that huge risk. I do genuinely feel ill and do feel as if I'm genuinely dying. I've had ocd/anxiety before but then I could always accept that it was anxiety, but this time I can't. This time it's like I just genuinely, definitely know that it's not, like it's so real and definite and I can't even fight these tired waves I get, no matter how much sleep I've had. I'm petrified because I'm not ready to be without my family yet :(.

---------- Post added at 23:07 ---------- Previous post was at 23:04 ----------

Hi Fishmanpa,

I am being treated for my anxiety, but my community team aren't that helpful and I'm on a waiting list for therapy etc. I just want to live until tomorrow and not die in my sleep or need wake up here again :(.

Fishmanpa
13-04-14, 23:17
I just want to live until tomorrow and not die in my sleep or need wake up here again :(.

You've lived through the last week and you're still here. You stand a better chance of being hit by lighting or a meteor than passing in your sleep for no apparent reason at 19 years old... ;)

Positive thoughts

Worried 24/7
14-04-14, 03:49
I also have been worried lately about dying in my sleep. It's such a struggle every night and day...I never used to worry like this but looking back on my life I've had one form of anxiety or another since I was little. I feel scared of life in general these days. Your symptoms do all sound like anxiety symptoms though. I hope you can get a hold on your anxiety. You're young, it's rare you would have a life threatening condition. But I'm sure deep down you know that, but you can't let yourself believe it. I'm in that boat too.

xrachykinsx
14-04-14, 09:13
Itsike the what came first question; the chicken or the egg? I didn't think I had anxiety....in fact my symptoms started way back before I had a breakdown...but none the less it was still anxiety causing them even though I wasn't aware. I think you need to discuss medication with your doctor... Unless you are happy for just therapy- works for some people but me personally I've needed medcation to make me stronger to then do therapy. Everything your mentioning sounds just like a big vicious cycle of anxiety and worry xx