PDA

View Full Version : Herpes/HIV contraction worry

Tastee
14-04-14, 01:35
Hey, my anxiety struggles have been great but somehhing happened today that sprung my anxiety again.

I'm at a resort and someone asked me to take a picture of them. I used their towel to dry my hands to touch their phone

Of course right away I feel that I can get herpes from this towel that I used to wipe my hands

Should I be worrying about that? Or even HIV? I can't help but believe I just got herpes from it

Fishmanpa
14-04-14, 01:59
Ummmm... no possible way.

Positive thoughts

Worried 24/7
14-04-14, 02:30
I've been scared I have herpes for two months now because I kissed my good friend on the mouth. Note tonight I googled too much and I'm scared I have encephalitis. I was just at the ER for seven hours two days ago because I've had pains in my legs, right calf muscle, groin achiness, you name it. I was sick the last couple weeks and I convinced myself that me and my whole family was having a herpes outbreak, even though I have n ot once in two months gotten any sores... since last night my eye had been hurting like it's scratched and burns a nd my whole eye hurts, plus that whole said of my head hurts. I did use old contact cleaner the night before last, so I might have an eye infection. But I've convinced myself it's ocular herpes. My sinuses always have issues, so I know my head pain could be from my sinuses, or maybe my neck is pinched funny. But the monster inside me says it's herpes a nd that it's traveling to my brain. I was also diagnosed with bronchitis while at the hospital but they couldn't explain my leg pains. I keep torturing myself with thinking I have herpes and am worried I've spread it to my whole family. Am I being logical? Is it likely I would get herpes from kissing my friend closed mouth who had no cold sore or am I freaking out because I'm so scared of stds?? I cant hardly sleep I'm so terrified

---------- Post added at 06:30 ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 ----------

And in reply to tastee, though it's easier said than done, I really wouldn't worry about the towel. Look how many people use hand towels in other people's houses' right?