PDA

View Full Version : Scared of poison

chelseyz
14-04-14, 03:49
I should preface this by saying that I have contacted poison control who said I will be fine-I'm just asking for help with the anxiety.
I was unclogging my bathroom drain today with liquid plumr and some splashed while I was doing it into my skin. I immediately showered and got it off. Later tonight, I brushed my teeth. After I was done, my brain immediately went to "what if it dropped on the toothbrush?!" :doh: of course even though poison control said my mouth would be burning by now, I'm still scared sitting awake thinking it's going to kill me in my sleep. Does anyone have any ideas on how to alleviate this anxiety? It doesn't help I've had a sore throat all day either....

Worried 24/7
14-04-14, 04:09
I think if enough got on your toothbrush to do you any damage you would taste it, see it, or your mouth would burn. I think you'll be just fine :-)

chelseyz
14-04-14, 04:22
Thank you :) it sucks because they say that and then you're like "well now that you mention it my mouth is a little sore" ..silly. It's all in my head...which is the problem haha

Worried 24/7
14-04-14, 04:25
Yeah, I've been suffering lately and I wonder how many of my symptoms my body created because I was worried about them....

chelseyz
14-04-14, 04:28
Probably all of them! Not that I know your situation, but from someone who has been convinced they're dying more time then I can count (and for a multitude of different reasons), you're mostly likely fine too! Anxiety is no fun. It can make everything seem real.

Worried 24/7
14-04-14, 05:27
Yeah, I have had a lot less full blown attacks these days(knock on wood) but I am always scared I'm dying. Literally every day :-( it's hard to get a hold on it. Then people tell you it's all in your head and only you can change it and I just wanna scream at them because they really don't understand how hard it is

---------- Post added at 09:27 ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 ----------

Like lately it's been even hard to cook which I love to do. I throw out chicken that may not be bad because I think it slightly smells and I'm scared of killing everyone...then today I was making something and ended up dumping it out cuz the butter had fallen on the counter and then I threw it in and then thought, what if the counter had bacteria on it???? I seriously feel like a complete lunatic sometimes...

chelseyz
14-04-14, 23:05
Yeah I do the same things sometimes. It does get better once you start recognizing it. You go back to times where you're scared you're going to die but they become less frequent as you begin to realize you didn't die all those other times you thought you were dying. Like even with some reassurance I'm still slightly afraid of the thing I posted about with this, even 24 hours later...but they become more sporadic.

Worried 24/7
15-04-14, 03:39
I cycle through worrying about my different symptoms, focusig on different ones different days....