PDA

View Full Version : Why do I do this to myself?

Hears The Water
29-07-04, 20:00
I needed a place to vent, so here goes. I am sitting here crying as I type this, so please excuse the bad spelling. I am feeling very tired and muzzy headed, and jittery. And I had the thought about fatigue being a symptom of heart problems. And as you can tell from my pix in the gallery, I am a very big woman. So heart problems realy is a concern for me. I put in the title box, about me doing this to myself because I am sure it is because of how I am not taking care of myself anymore. I didn't eat until 12:00 noon, I went to be at 1:00 am this mornig and subsequently I slept in. I got a phone call that got me all jazzed up about a project I have been working on that came to fruition, and I worked on it this morning, but now I have dropped way down. I am not exercising, and the weather is all overcast. It seems for me that there is no middle ground. I am either Tigger or Eyeore. (way up or way down for those of you who are not Whinney the Pooh fans.) And I am running around town so much with taking the kids where all they need to go. I hate to feel this way. I realy wish I could go back to where I was when I felt so good for a couple of months. I know I can, I know how. I just need to do it. Any and all suggestions on how to make positive changges in my life would be very much appreceated.
God bless you and yours, and thanks for letting me rant.
Debbie

Meg
29-07-04, 21:45
Well done for recognising these yuk feelings are probably as a result of your current lifestyle..

Being large you are more likely to be glucose intolerent so need to eat smal and regularly - ideally 6 small snacks a day instead of meals as we know them. Get a Gycaemic index book and follow it for 2 weeks and see if it makes a difference to you..

Also it could hav ebeen contributed to with excitementor an a good adrenalin buzz that wl get when we need to get something done under pressure .

If the cardiac risk is a big deal to you - it's never too late to address it and improve your risk ratio..

I hope you're feeling better now and you can soon be back to being better again.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch