PDA

View Full Version : racing mind for days

bukendaa
14-04-14, 08:56
For the last 5 days I've been having racing thoughts they don't stop for hours and I fell like I have a headach with them. And then things don't seem real. What are they why do I have these when will they go? It seems like you're minds in a race. Then you fear you're going to die I think.it's all panic related

trish1955
14-04-14, 10:22
Yep I am like this at the min intact I even no why my mi D's racing right now cuts my back is a being from top to bottom so bad even though my musells ave been tense for weeks I won't believe this is why I am suffering g my minds racing from one illness to another all deadly ones like its sum form of cancer in my mussels it bones this I am at a point were I thinking its reacheched my brain as well so feel as if all the racing in my head is jumbled up making it worse x

xrachykinsx
14-04-14, 10:42
I totally relate. When my anxiety was at irs height. My mind raced but I still couldn't pin point what the thoughts actually were which then resulted in depersonalisation. I couldn't get to grips with the fact I was really here, and what was the point of life, is that person over there real? It was the scariest thing ever. I thought I was going mad!! I'm better now on meds, I ocassionally have wobbles but it is getting better :)

trish1955
14-04-14, 16:27
I totally relate. When my anxiety was at irs height. My mind raced but I still couldn't pin point what the thoughts actually were which then resulted in depersonalisation. I couldn't get to grips with the fact I was really here, and what was the point of life, is that person over there real? It was the scariest thing ever. I thought I was going mad!! I'm better now on meds, I ocassionally have wobbles but it is getting better :)

Wat meds are you on I ave suffered forty yes I tried meds a month ago and ended up in a&e for the first time ever. And I have. Had hundreds panic attacks I was so bad I begged my son to take me to hospital I just could not come our of the panic my anxiety WS already through the roof worn the doc gave me citrloprm I think that's how you spell it now to scare to even try any xx

misskitty
16-04-14, 09:38
Absolubtly feel your pain.. I am in a constant state of anxiety and panic - stupid thoughts that will not go away. Sending a virtual hug.

Ryan92
18-04-14, 01:50
Yeah Im like this too, its horrible. It will sometimes make me forgetful which then increases my anxiety even more and I then get myself in even more of a panic :doh:
:hugs: :bighug:

MyNameIsTerry
18-04-14, 04:22
I've been there back in my worst days. I still find my mind is quite 'busy' nowadays but it's less anxiety provoking.

Have you tried relaxation techniques like Progressive Muscle Relaxation (PMR)? It helps with physical symptoms but try to concentrate on what you are feeling as you tense and release, which brings a Mindful element to it which will help distract your mind.

I really would suggest Mindfulness meditation for this because it helps to break thoughts up and you gain more control over them. I found this helped tremendously with my OCD which my GAD was fueling. It will help you if you keep at it, keep going for months with it and subtle changes creep up on you from it.

xrachykinsx
18-04-14, 14:34
Wat meds are you on I ave suffered forty yes I tried meds a month ago and ended up in a&e for the first time ever. And I have. Had hundreds panic attacks I was so bad I begged my son to take me to hospital I just could not come our of the panic my anxiety WS already through the roof worn the doc gave me citrloprm I think that's how you spell it now to scare to even try any xx

I tried citalopram but only lasted 5days on it due to severe insomnia. literally 0hours sleep in 5days and that deffo wasn't helpful because the whole reason I ended up with anxiety...was insomnia.

I'm on mirtazapine 45mg, its a sedative antidepressant. I think it has helped me, but I am still having cycles of good and bad days. The bad days are quite bad racing thoughts wise...I'm totally obsessed by how I feel constantly..which creates more anxiety. I need a huge distraction in life alongside meds. Staying at home with my son constantly..isn't solving my problems and probably why I still have problems with my anxiety.