PDA

View Full Version : hello

l.gibbons1983
03-12-06, 14:19
Hi im lucy. I can't believe i stumbled avross this website. I'm 23 and I feel like a complete idiot. It all started this time last year. I had a panic attack in the bath and I really thought I was dying. I had experienced nothing like this before in my life. After this attck I haven't felt right since. Im so glad to hear that other people feel 'unreal' too. I feel constantly tired and I feel that I cant live life normally again. The doctor pt the first episode down to a vial infection. I was off work for 6 months. I couldn't see properly (to this day my eye sight is funny, i can't focus properly when im tired) i kept feeling dizzy and panicky. Absolutely the worst time of my life. I feel better now but am still feeling tired all the time (doc puts it down to chronic fatigue syndrome). I just feel like this dark balck cloud is never going to be lifted. I feel like im snapping all the time at the people i love. I'm scared to death now because I have a hard lump behind my right ear thats been there for sometime but i dont wantto mention it to the doctor because i dont want to be a hypochondriac. However I keep getting headaches and feeling dizy, but is that because im worrying about it. I feel like im going round in crcles. I just feel so fed up and am crying all the time. I just want to be 'normal' again
lucy:(

lsgibbons

Clare
03-12-06, 14:29
Hi there Lucy!

For one don't feel like you're an Idiot because you're not. I suffer from medical phobias, and I feel like an idiot if I faint or I start going hysterical in front of people, but my therapist I saw earlier this year, said it's OK to feel like that, so what if I make an idiot of myself, it's my way of coping.

Could you not make an appointment at your doctors to just to have a talk to them about your problem? I did that and it was the best thing that I did, and I got help with my phobias and also my panic attacks. I still anxious, but I feel I can control my panic attacks better than I did.

You're not on your own with this, and I am sure there are people on here that could give you better advice than me, and there is alot of great information on here to help

Good Luck

Love
Clare

Lynnann
03-12-06, 14:31
Hi Lucy,

Welcome to the forum, you are not alone, you will make some good friends here and get some great advice and support along the way. As to the lump on your ear, please go see your doctor, he won't think you are a hypochondriac. After all you aren't imagining the lump!

Hugs to you

Lynnann

honeybee3939
03-12-06, 14:57
Hi Lucy

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way!:D

I too think its wise to go visit your GP, im sure he will put your mind at ease, the lump is probably a little cyst, Thats what the doctors are there for Lucy ! i have been that many times i am on the his xmas card list !
Im sure your dark cloud will soon be lifted, we are here to help and support you.

Hugs to you Lucy !

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

manmoor
03-12-06, 15:30
Hi Lucy,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Lindalou64
03-12-06, 17:08
HI LUCY.
WELCOME TO THE SITE.......DONT EVER FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT WE HERE UNDERSTAND HOW YA FEEL.....ABOUT YA SLEEPYNESS FOR ME ANYWAYS I GET SLEEPY BECAUSE FIGHTING THE ANXIETY DAILY IS EXHAUSTING......AND FOR THE LUMP BEHIND YA EAR COULD BE A CIST BUT I WOULD MENTION IT TO YA DOC THAT WAY IF IT IS THEY CAN DRAIN IT.....DONT EVER FEEL STUPID TELLIN YA DOC ANYTHING I KNOW THEY MAKE YA FEEL THAT WAY BUT THEY GET PAID FOR HELPING US SO NEVER HIDE ANYTHING FROM THEM.....STAY POSITIVE AND I WISH YA THE BEST.............TC XX LINDA[8D]

Lindalou64
03-12-06, 17:12
OH BY THE WAY IN WHAT YA SAID ABOUT SNAPPING AT THE ONES YA LOVE I DO THE SAME......I GUESS CAUSE WE FEEL SECURE WITH THEM IF THAT MAKES SENSE MY SON ALWAYS SNAPPED AT ME AND HIS GIRL AND ONE DAY HE ASKED ME WHY HE TOOK EVERYTHING OUT ON ME AND HIS G/F I TOLD HIM CAUSE WE ARE THE ONES HE LOVED THE MOST AND THE CLOSEST TOO ...I KNOW WEIRD HUH.......JUST FIGURED I WOULD ADD TO THAT LOL ...........TC

trac67
03-12-06, 17:44
Hi Lucy,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
04-12-06, 19:49
Hi Lucy

Welcome aboard.

Have a good read of the website at www.nomorepanic.co.uk

Loads of advice on there too.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel