PDA

View Full Version : Terrified about my son : (

Button1
14-04-14, 14:23
Hi everyone,

I'm doing ok HA-wise but my son has been off colour with occasional vomiting and diarrhoeah since Wednesday night and it's terrifying me. Initially the gp's said it was just a very bad cold virus (as he had runny nose and cough) but nothing else. But why is it going on so long? He is eating some things, but can't keep much down and his tummy is clearly sore. He's slightly warm but no fever. We're getting enough liquid into him. He's definitely out of sorts. Happy for spells but then tired and tearful. He's only 20 months.

I'm taking him back to the doctors this afternoon but I'm worried I won't trust the diagnosis or even worse, that it might be bad :weep:

Can someone just talk some sense into me?

thanks xxx

RoseEve
14-04-14, 14:42
Viruses can take a while to work their way out. I have a 21 month old I would say there is no harm in giving the doc a call. Better safe than sorry with the little ones

Mogwog
14-04-14, 14:47
I have a few friends who's children have had the same -one for over a week, hight temp , vomiting stomach pains etc. my son has had it recently too. I know it difficult not to worry when it's your child but he's ok it'll just take a while. Hugs.xxxxx

Button1
14-04-14, 16:02
I know and I know it probably won't be the last time I deal with this. I can't go to pieces every time. But he's my whole world and its so scary that you're whole life can be based on something so small and so vulnerable. I couldn't live without him.

robin321
14-04-14, 18:11
When my son was 2 he had this. He had vomiting, and D. No fever.
It would get better for a day or 2, and then come back. It went on for 3 weeks! He got better. And it hasn't happened again (he is 5).
The main thing is to make sure he gets liquids.