PDA

View Full Version : Constant symptoms and feeling unwell. I know it's long but please reply if you can x

Chloe34517
14-04-14, 18:41
I'm sorry that I keep posting on here pretty much everyday. I'm pretty need here and guess it's my only way of feeling less alone right now. I'm so sorry that it's so long, it's just everything from when this flare up started.

This all started about 2 months ago when I kept getting a weird spasm under my left breast whenever I laughed or strained. Then, my Mum didn't think and told me about this lady who she'd spoken to at the doctors who had just had a sudden cardiac arrest/heart attack. She'd apparently not felt right for a while and then one night she felt so bad and nobody would listen to her, so eventually she called an ambulance herself. The doctors said that if she left it any longer she wouldn't have made it. Since I heard that, I've literally gone crazy. One night about 2 months ago I was sure I had a heart attack, but nobody would listen. I was just sat texting when this sudden feeling travelled down my head and then down my body, my hands and feet got soaking wet with sweat, I threw up, my legs felt numb to walk on, my whole body was weak and I couldn't breathe at all or stop my chest from shaking. I just remember I was shivering so much that my whole body was trembling, like a fit almost. The next day I went to the doctors and he listened to my heart, took my blood pressure and said I was find and that it sounded like a panic attack and to go see my consultant psychiatrist. However, since then I've had so many different symptoms and I'm at my wits end because nobody ever listens to me or takes me seriously when I say that I know something's not right and that I'm dying. Sleeping is the hardest because every night feels like my last and every time I eventually close my eyes, in my head and my heart it feels like it's for the last time. I used to worry about death when I was younger due to my ocd, but I could always eventually let go and accept reassurance from my family. Back then it was never so real like this, I never had actual symptoms and I never genuinely 'knew' like I know now. People say 'Chloe you know deep down you're not going to die' and it's scary because this time I genuinely don't. I can't put in to words how definite it feels to me. I had blood tests almost 2 months ago which came back fine and then I had an esr one to check for infection/inflammation and the dr said it came back slightly elevated but apparently nothing concerning. I've had 2 ECG's in the past few weeks as it was discovered when I was in hospital for an endoscopy that my pulse was high at rest. All was fine with them except my pulse. When I had the first ECG it was at about 130 and the last one was at 100. The dr thinks it's due to my venlafaxine that I've been on for 8 months, so it has been reduced from 300mg and I'm now on 75mg until I can be taken off of it completely. However, my pulse still goes really high and I forgot to tell the dr that sometimes it dips really low too. It fluctuates so much and sometimes I'll just walk up a tiny set of stairs and I get to the top and my heart is literally going so fast and feels like it's going to come out of my chest. The other day I was out shopping and that happened and I had to steady myself because I honestly felt like I was about to faint. I have to go for a blood pressure/pulse check again next weeks but I don't even know how I'll live until tomorrow let alone next week.

The symptoms I have been getting are terrifying and they started before this flare up in anxiety. To me I feel like my family aren't taking me seriously when I tell them how ill I keep feeling, because I'm the one actually experiencing the symptoms and feeling them, so maybe they're not realising that it's serious because they haven't actually felt it....If that makes sense. The symptoms I've been getting are:
- Pain in both sides of my chest and the centre that mostly hurts when I move around, breathe really deeply, laugh, sneeze or cough etc.
- Spasms/twitching in my chest every couple of seconds where I can't see it moving but can actually feel it twitching under both of my breasts and up towards my shoulders.
- Instsntly holding my chest whenever I laugh, bend etc because of this strange feeling I get with twitching etc and feels like my chest is falling out or something.
- Breathlessness all of the time, even sometimes resting, and literally feeling like I'm never going to catch my breath when I walk up even a few stairs.
- Tickly feeling in my throat that makes me cough when I breathe in (especially bad today)
- Feeling like I can never get a full breath, like I can't breathe in deep enough and it's all shakey and makes me cough.
- Sudden hot/cold flushes....One seconds I'm trembling with shivers and the next I'm burning up all over.
- Constantly sweaty palms (can't even hold my phone without it getting all wet).
- Feeling exhausted no matter what I do. Sudden waves of extreme tiredness that are really hard to fight and sometimes I really struggle to stop my eyes from closing.
- Whole body aches when I move etc (brushing teeth or holding arm up kills and sometimes I get half way up the stairs and feel like I'm not going to make it to the top because my legs hurt so much).
- Random aches even when I'm sitting that go from my head down my shoulders and arms that honestly hurt so much and make me feel sick. (One times I got pins and needles down the arm too and it was so unbearable and felt so, so static and electric shock like in my fingers).
- Feeling like somebody is sitting on shoulders and pushing my arms in to my body all of the time
- Back ache and random pins and needles/tingles in then centre top and bottom of my back. Sometimes burning too.
- Feeling weird all over on any kind of exertion, especially in my chest and breathing.
- Sudden waves of this sick feeling that travel down my body from my head, make me suddenly out of breath and in my head all I can think is 'god, what if this feeling doesn't pass, I'm going to die, I'm losing control.' Makes me feel so faint and light headed and I wonder if I'll ever be able to slow my breathing down and catch my breath again. In those moments it feels like I get stuck and am literally slipping away in to death.
- Static looking vision, like tiny little dots, especially in the dark. It goes blurry too and is hard to regain focus when I move my eyes from one place to another. (Today it's bad and feels like there's so much pressure in my eyes and I have to blink loads when I look at anything and rub my eyes).
- So much mucus constantly that's really thick and occasionally has blood in it when I cough it up.
- Keep forgetting basic things and messing my words up etc. (Today I washed my hair in the bath, washed my body then went to wash my face and instead washed my hair again. Feel like I'm losing it.

So convinced that I've got something wrong with my heart that hasn't been detected because my pulse isn't right, all of the symptoms and they only did an ecg at rest. Also, worried that it could be my lungs because of the pains, mucus, breathing problems, cough and liquidy Tickly feeling at the bottom of my throat. Feels like they're full of liquid/mucus and I'm drowning or something. My vision and that concerns me too because the optician recently said my eyesight is fine except for a tiny prescription that I probably won't need unless I drive far etc. Its like I have to rub my eyes so I can see better and focus. Worried that if it's not my heart or lungs then it could be something in my brain or a neurological disease. So scared to sleep incase it's any of these things and I slip away and die, or incase I have sleep apnoea as I snore loud, occasionally wake up with a headache and am constantly tired. In my head I just feel like I definitely know I'm going to die in my sleep tonight and not make it to tomorrow. I'm on the waiting list for psych therapy and have my first hypnotherapy appointment tomorrow. I'm so convinced I'm not going to make it to then. My Dad just said to me "Tomorrow is the first day of your life" and I just know I'm going to die and not make it. I just want to live and I'm not ready to say goodbye to my family yet :(.

xrachykinsx
14-04-14, 18:51
You really sound like you possibly need a medication and therapy combination....its obviously limiting your life. You are NOT going to die tomorrow. I understand your fears, I had health anxiety mildly when my anxiety was at its height but its gone completely now I'm being treated for the anxiety. Are you aware that your obsession with being poorly is not right? Or are you so totally convinced that you are poorly? If you were to take every single test that rules out every illness you are frightened of...and it all came back clear would you still believe your dying? Or would you just acknowledge you can't help these thoughts but know its the anxiety? Because it is your anxiety that is making you like this. Your fear...is fed on more fear. I wish you the best of luck tomorrow, and tomorrow will come. It sounds like you're very consumed by it totally...anxiety is cruel and makes you think things that aren't true...you will beat this xx

mummyanxious
14-04-14, 19:00
Your post sounds identical to how I feel right now. It's frightening.
I honestly think you should go and get an app with your gp tomorrow and print this post out and show it them as it will explain to then exactly how you are feeling. Please promise you'll do this?

Chloe34517
14-04-14, 19:36
Mummyanxious - I'll try. The doctors surgery is so bad here though and you can only get an appointment on the day if it's an emergency, like severe tonsillitis etc. I don't think they'll consider me being sure that I'm dying to be an emergency :(. It would help me so much if they did. There's not enough help available at all.

---------- Post added at 19:36 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

xrachykinsx I know that the way in which I'm worrying isn't normal, but I also believe that the sumptoms are more than just anxiety. Like, I've always had a strong attachment to my family and therefore been scared to die, so it feels like I'm anxious because I'm dying....If that makes sense. I'm on venlafaxine but only that tiny dose now and I don't take the anxiety drugs and anti psychotic for anxiety, because of the side effects and fear that it'll kill me because of articles I've seen about 'sudden death' with them. It's all so real to me. Like today I can't stop coughing everytime I breathe in, the pain in my chest is bad and the spasms and I'm so sleepy and aching like hell. It's like I can't breathe I'm full enough. I'm so scared if I sleep I'll die tonight from my lungs or heart or possible sleep apnoea xx

mummyanxious
14-04-14, 20:01
You need to sleep! Sleep helps your body recover. If you don't sleep you'll end up feeling even worse.
I think your state of mind and health warrants an urgent appointment tomorrow to be honest! Please do explain you need to be seen urgently.

Chloe34517
14-04-14, 20:41
Mummyanxious - I hate it though :(. The lack of control if sleep terrifies me, like I know there's a high chance I will wake up here, in this life, but I can't cope with the 'what ifs', especially when I'm so certain that I won make it to tomorrow. It's such a horrible feeling, like I cry looking at my family because I don't want to not be with them. So worried about this cough and twitching spasms in my chest. Hopefully my Mum will let me go to the doctors tomorrow x

Fishmanpa
14-04-14, 20:44
Just wanted to throw out one last thought....

If you've been prescribed medication, it's for a reason.

Positive thoughts...hope you feel better

mummyanxious
14-04-14, 20:48
Beings you're coughing the spasms are probably muscle twitches from overuse. Completely normal.
I know sleep is terrifying to an anxious person. I've been there. Way back I had to be literally almost forced to have sleeping tablets for a course of days as I didn't dare go to sleep for fear of not waking up. I had to honestly be almost babysat those nights. I said to my then husband that he had to promise to check on me x amount of times to make sure I was still breathing.
You need to get a couple of good nights sleep and you will feel differently.
The dr may prescribe you some diazapam to calm you down in the short term but you really do need some immediate help.
You sound like you have a virus and on top if this you have anxiety and when we are unwell our anxiety gets worse. I am the worst patient around when I'm ill.

Lilharry
14-04-14, 21:01
Hey honey. I know how you feel. This was me last year. I have finally found some relief from changing my diet and seeing a naturopath. There's nothing worse than not being listened to - the same thing happened to me. I believe your symptoms are real, but you are not going to die. The reason Drs aren't helping you is because you don't have anything serious enough to be picked up by them, so take heart in that. It sounds to me like you have what Drs call Chronic Fatigue and/or Fibromyalgia, but they are very reluctant to diagnose these conditions, especially in young people. Feel free to send me a message if you want to chat. I'm happy to share with you what has helped me.

Chloe34517
14-04-14, 21:01
Mummyanxious - I do have some diazepam but it makes me sleep so I don't dare take it because I don't want to sleep :(. I'm not sure if I do have a virus because it's been almost 2 months now. It's one thing after another but I do genuinely feel so death like and ill, like I just know I'm right ahhhh. Sorry for going on at you. I think you understand and no matter how many people care in my life, none of them truly get it and I exhaust them x

mummyanxious
14-04-14, 21:23
Lilharry I'd be interested in hearing how you got yourself well again if you would share?

Chloe diazapam are not to be scared of. It took me a lot if courage to take one those years ago like the sleeping pills but once I did I felt so much better! Please please try and sleep. Please do not stay awake all night. Is that what you're doing? Not sleeping at all? Sleep deprivation is torture. You are torturing yourself. I know how you feel I honestly do. And know you need to get some rest. Rest is the only way to get better.

Have you read Claire weekes? I highly recommend you get a copy of this book. I love it. I'm reading the first book again today and I've read the whole thing nearly cover to cover today.

Have you got a smart phone? Download the headspace app. It is fantastic.

Chloe34517
14-04-14, 21:48
Mummyanxious,

I am sleeping, just not till late....Last night I slept at about 5.30am. I can just feel myself slipping more and more out of control and I just want to scream because I'm so young and all I want to do is live, and I don't understand why I'm not allowed to :(. I can't face taking diazepam because I keep thinking I've got sleep apnoea and you're not supposed to take it if you do. I've got such an unbearable ache right now down my right shoulder. Finding this all so hard and lonely x

mummyanxious
14-04-14, 22:02
I'm not sure what else to suggest. Until you try *something* you are just going to stay in this dreadful spiral you're in. You cannot be getting sufficient rest. Your body must be exhausted. Do you work?

Chloe34517
14-04-14, 22:08
Mummyanxious -
I know :(, I'm my own worst enemy but in my head I'm just trying to save myself from death. Nope, I don't work....I was in hospital for quite a while and struggle a lot in situations because I was so used to hiding from everything, so now I just volunteer at my old college and help out in the office/with teaching, but not right now because it's half term x

mummyanxious
15-04-14, 11:50
How did you sleep? Have you called the dr?

SarahH
15-04-14, 12:24
Mummyanxious - I hate it though :(. The lack of control if sleep terrifies me, like I know there's a high chance I will wake up here, in this life, but I can't cope with the 'what ifs', especially when I'm so certain that I won make it to tomorrow. It's such a horrible feeling, like I cry looking at my family because I don't want to not be with them. So worried about this cough and twitching spasms in my chest. Hopefully my Mum will let me go to the doctors tomorrow x

Chloe, how old are you? Why do you need your mothers permission to go to the Dr's?

If you have been given medication you really should be taking it.

Sarah

Chloe34517
15-04-14, 13:11
How did you sleep? Have you called the dr?

Mummyanxious - I slept from around 5 until 9, but I'm so exhausted now. Want to have a nap but too scared to. Got a doctors appointment at 4:40pm but I know they won't listen and I know they'll miss something :( x

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

Chloe, how old are you? Why do you need your mothers permission to go to the Dr's?

If you have been given medication you really should be taking it.

Sarah

I'm 19 but I get really anxious about calling people I don't know/asking for help on the phone, so my mum calls to make an appointment for me...So she often refuses to. Going today though x

kurtis1990
15-04-14, 13:33
Have you thought that all these symptoms could be from sleep deprivation? I know you say the symptoms appea.red before the anxiety but perhaps what was just ordinary aches and pains because you are focussing so much on them its only making them worse. Tell your GP you need help sleeping. Because yoy honestly need a good rest to recharge. I understand your fears I was like you when I was 19 and I know its not easy but you have to accept not being in control of some things on life. That's just how it is. I read on here once someone wrote *You will die if you worry and you will die if you don't so what's the point in worrying* Your young you should be enjoying life x

mummyanxious
15-04-14, 18:20
How have you got on at the dr?

Katie_cupcakes
15-04-14, 21:55
I am going through something similar at the moment. For the past 3 weeks iv been feeling really unwell, started out as pelvic pain and bleeding, and at the moment iv got what you describe with the chest pain/twinges. I also have excrutiating pain around my upper back and sides. I havnt slept properly for weeks and I'm so scared.
It has been suggested that it could be some kind of hormonal imbalance. Though it feels far too serious to just be down to hormones...

Chloe34517
15-04-14, 21:56
I am going through something similar at the moment. For the past 3 weeks iv been feeling really unwell, started out as pelvic pain and bleeding, and at the moment iv got what you describe with the chest pain/twinges. I also have excrutiating pain around my upper back and sides. I havnt slept properly for weeks and I'm so scared.
It has been suggested that it could be some kind of hormonal imbalance. Though it feels far too serious to just be down to hormones...

Message me if you want to talk. I'm not coping at all either :( x