PDA

View Full Version : In pain and scared

Florance
14-04-14, 19:16
I have had pain on and off in my right armpit, shoulder, neck and upper back and sometimes right side of my chest, with some stiffness to the muscles. I have had no recent injury. I also have a burning pain in my right lower abdomen and my stomach is bloated. This pain can come and go and can be worse some times more than others. I have had bloods done which all came back normal and the Dr found no lumps or bumps. I am frightened it is breast cancer as these are symptoms of this. I have got a lot of stress atm as my mum is dying of cancer. Help please I am going crazy with this....

Mrschurchill
14-04-14, 19:49
Hi Florance :)

I too have the breast cancer fear. A year now I've been suffering from pain between my left breast and my armpit. Like right in between - doctor found no lumps and bumps etc yet pain is still very much present. Now the pain has travelled to my shoulder and down my back to my side (it hurts to press on the area below my ribcage all the way around my left side) but just trying to 'wait it out' and see if it gets any better or worse. I don't want to go to the docs until I have my HA under control and hopefully by then it might be away :) xx

Florance
14-04-14, 19:50
Its scary, My mum is dying of cancer atm, but not breast cancer and I dont know if what I am feeling is all stress related to that. My dr said if my bloods were normal and I still had pain he wanted to send me for a scan/xray. Sometimes the pain isnt there at all... its just very random :(

AlexandriaUK
14-04-14, 19:54
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/breastpaincyclical/Pages/Symptoms.aspx just reading this on the nhs site and pain like this doesn't mean breast cancer, wind can also cause It, this link is not scary, hope It helps x

Florance
14-04-14, 20:07
thanks Alexandria, I've had a read and this pain is not with my period. Will see dr again soon and discuss it with him/her

Mrschurchill
14-04-14, 20:20
I think mines could possibly be connected to the pill I am on. I started back on the pill after having my baby (the time when the pain started) and I was off the pill for 2 months over Christmas time and don't remember worrying about it (it's not to say it wasn't there but I don't recall worrying at the time) I would have thought that it would affect both breasts if it was pill related? Could this be the same for you? Xx

Florance
14-04-14, 20:23
I am not on the pill, I just find it strange its there then it isnt, it gets worse when I am stressed or when I use my right arm a lot, it seems to get better then all of a sudden be worse again :/

Mrschurchill
14-04-14, 20:43
I think it's 'possibly' a good sign that it does come and go. I reckon if it was anything sinister then it'd probably be there constant and getting worse. Xx

Florance
14-04-14, 20:45
in the morning its not normally there, and at times during the day its not there either so I hope this is a positive sign :) I think the stress of the situation with my mum could also be causing some of the pains

Mrschurchill
14-04-14, 20:50
Yeah I do to! :) it's astonishing what anxiety can do to your body xx