PDA

View Full Version : Trembles?

Limey
14-04-14, 19:35
Hi guys, sorry if this is a repeating topic.

Well, if it's not one thing it's another, i started trembling last wednesday, and still am. It's like a mild, almost low blood sugar sort of tremble, i notice it most when i use my phone. I'm already on a course of sertraline for anxiety, just wondering if any of you have at longish spells of the jitters?

EDIT
I should probably mention i've been higgle stressed over the last week or so with health anxiety, as i calmed down, the shakes occurred.

mummyanxious
14-04-14, 20:03
I have got this now. I've had it for three days straight and its scaring the heck out if me. Every time I move or stretch it starts up again. It goes off for a bit if I rest but as soon as I move it starts again. Internal buzzing like a mobile phone going off.

Limey
14-04-14, 20:07
Yeah, you had this before? The way my mind works, first thought was "Oh no! Must be MS or something!" Even though i know full well, symptoms wouldn't just turn on like that.

mummyanxious
14-04-14, 20:16
I have had it on and off. I've had it before with intense periods of stress. But I seem to be getting it a lot lately. It seems to be one of my prevalent symptoms atm. It's just like a shaking or shivery or buzzing feeling. I've just started trying to accept it and telling myself I have bees in my body! Oh look my bees are back. It works until I move adding and it starts up again, grrr.

Limey
14-04-14, 20:18
So it's a normal part of anxiety? In all honesty, I was only diagnosed in January, so a lot of this is still sort of new to me. All these different physical symptoms, it's mind numbing :S

mummyanxious
14-04-14, 20:51
I hope so! I am scared about it in all honesty but I know I've had it temporarily in reaction to stressful situations so I'm trying to reason its the same thing. Hopefully someone else will comment :/

Serenity1990
14-04-14, 22:03
I get this a lot when I'm super-stressed, as I'm relaxing off to sleep I jolt awake and am trembling over. Apparently it's because we store so much nervous energy the body has to find a way to release it all.

Limey
14-04-14, 22:13
That's good to know. my HA was mega flared up the last 2 weeks or so, as big a flare up as i've ever had. This is probably just my body winding down.

JenniiPenny
14-04-14, 22:20
I get it too..... started in January. Been suffering with health anxiety and stress since January, I dont have it constantly but its mainly at its worst in the morning then goes away then comes back again sometimes during the day... Its only when im reading or watching tv about someone being ill.. that sort of thing. Its because of my health anxiety and ive accepted it as a symptom. The mind is a funny thing :-/

Limey
14-04-14, 22:32
Isn't it just.

MyNameIsTerry
16-04-14, 05:13
I have had it on and off. I've had it before with intense periods of stress. But I seem to be getting it a lot lately. It seems to be one of my prevalent symptoms atm. It's just like a shaking or shivery or buzzing feeling. I've just started trying to accept it and telling myself I have bees in my body! Oh look my bees are back. It works until I move adding and it starts up again, grrr.

I've been getting the weird buzzing thing since pretty much the beginning. I've never heard of it described as that but I shall use it from now on as it makes more sense.

It's weird, if you hold your hands up, you aren't shaking but the sensation makes you feel like you are.

mummyanxious
16-04-14, 07:19
Is this what people get when they are really happy and say 'I'm buzzing' do you think? But our anxiousness interprets it the wrong way? It's calmed down for me a bit but still there as a background. It's now the worst in my legs when it comes.

MyNameIsTerry
16-04-14, 08:01
Maybe that's where it originated from, part of feeling excited?

I find this came early into my first bout of anxiety and it was add though I was shaking all over. It starts to fade as you get better.

Mine is always the legs and forearms, hands, fingers, but never my feet and toes which is weird.

Adrenaline does causes these tingling sensations. Exercise can make it go, which makes sense since you are burning it off.

mummyanxious
16-04-14, 08:13
What I'm confused about though is doesn't exercise create adrenalin? Wouldn't it create more by doing it? Or am I completely wrong?

MyNameIsTerry
16-04-14, 08:27
Yes, it will but the difference is that it creates it as a response to the physical stress of the exercise. So it creates what it needs.

Anxiety disorders create it because of irrational fear and because there is no rational outcome to this (fighting something off physically or running away) it ends up lingering when it should have been burnt off.

Exercise also helps to regulate adrenaline throughout the day which is why it is so useful.

Limey
17-04-14, 13:36
Welp, was at the doctors today, did reflex and strength tests, and turns out it's a benign essential tremor from anxiety. Meds have been upped, and if i'm still a twitchy mess in 6 weeks, gonna try beta blockers.

mummyanxious
17-04-14, 14:00
Good to know you got the all clear. Assuming the trembling is just anxiety then?

What meds are you on Limey?

Limey
17-04-14, 18:00
Just been upped to 100mg Sertraline. Here's hoping things improve.

mummyanxious
17-04-14, 18:01
Could it be a side effect of your meds?

Limey
17-04-14, 19:31
Maybe, but I'd been on 50 for about 3 months. Upping to 100 was a decision by doc to counter the tremors.

Katie_cupcakes
17-04-14, 20:23
I have also had this the last couple weeks. Often when you are stressed or anxious your adrenal glands produce more adrenaline for the 'flight or fight' response. Excess adrenaline causes the trembling! It can also cause muscle pains as well.