PDA

View Full Version : upper back pressure (tensed from Anxiety)

eve22
14-04-14, 20:59
Has any one ever been so tensed from anxiety that your upper back and shoulders? Not really pain but just uncomfortable! i have had a pain on the side of my left breast kind of under my arm pit, also sometimes my left arm has a burning sensation or a tingling feeling! Should i be worried about any of this?

seabreeze
14-04-14, 22:31
Hi Eve, i sometimes have the burning sensation on my skin under armpit area and sometimes on my arms. I am also sensitive around my upper chest area and can only wear fully elasticated bra's as anything with a rigid band or underwires makes the discomfort worse.
I have multiple health problems all made worse by anxiety and have been told that i possibly have fibromyalgia which causes a lot of weird aches and pains.
I do know that anxiety and stress make the pains worse, today i had pains in my chest and upper back which got worse when i tensed up. The burning sensation usually passes fairly quickly so hope you feel better soon x

eve22
14-04-14, 22:39
Thank you and you to! Im sensitive in that same place.. around the house i don't wear a bra at all because it just doesn't feel comfy at all. Also when my children lay on me i feel that i cant breath and its just a weird feeling!!

trish1955
15-04-14, 09:00
I ave been suffering this back pain to wen I first get out of bed bottom of my back really aches and stay this way most of the day but lat few days its been upper part in between my shoulder blades more it even hurts wen you walking around I hate it this makes me anxious and that makes me more tense and the never ending circal goes on xx

eve22
15-04-14, 12:51
Yes it does! It really makes my anxiety worse because i just want to be normal again! Its like im already having the emotional why and im having the physical to! Very annoying!

eve22
22-04-14, 15:23
Can i get any relief from this? now my left arm is feeling funny and my upper left back is still really tensed !

trish1955
22-04-14, 15:38
Bless I thought about going to see ciropractioner ever how u spell it just to see wat he as to say my neck is constantly a being now as. Well and yep down sometimes one arm or even both of them we. Can tell death other its anxiety but mark king our self believe it is a whole new ball game lol xxx

eve22
24-04-14, 02:35
lol, well today my back has been awful! i always feel like i have to pop it!!

Worried 24/7
24-04-14, 03:24
I have had problems with that same armpit area but on my right side lately. I think my muscle keeps tensing up in that area due to anxiety. I still worry about it though...my left arm gets tingly sometimes from anxiety so I think it is all due to anxiety for you

Corona89
24-04-14, 03:38
Any shoulder pain at all? I had similar feelings when i had a frozen shoulder. I couldn't even move it in the morning but it got better through the day.

Try shrugging your shoulders slowly and moving your neck up and down then side to side. Nice and slow to help ease the tension.