PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety Sore Chest - Newbie Please Help

Mummy88scot
14-04-14, 21:55
I'm 24 years old and had a baby 14 weeks ago. Had why I think is health anxiety for 6/7 weeks now. I'm constantly thinking I have a serious illness and can't stop obsession over this. Keep googling to 😟pain started in my chest and is now mainly in my breasts, is this normal? The pain is there all the time, well most of the time. I'm constantly checking my breasts for changes and yelling myself they have changed. Does anyone else have breast pain as a main symptom?

Please help x I'm so scared not spoke to anyone about this

eve22
14-04-14, 22:12
Im 22 i had a baby 5 months ago! My breast pain just started today, and my chest is a little sore but i also have a cough! So idk whats going on its freaking me out to! its my left breast on the side like a bit under my arm pit! Im also having problems with my upper back and shoulders being tensed!

Mrschurchill
14-04-14, 22:13
Hi and welcome! Congrats on your baby :) what a wonderful time and I sincerely hope you can overcome HA and enjoy your wee baby - they don't stay wee for long! :-D

Firsty - your 14 PP so your body, hormones, emotions everything are all over the place! Your breasts will be lumpy, especially if you're breastfeeding. Your body goes through a tremendous thumping when pregnant and then childbirth itself so you're gonna be feeling a bit funny for a while! (I'm 16 months PP and still feeling the effects sometimes!)

A lot of women get a 'fear' of personal illness along with fear of your baby being unwell, it's normal to feel this way, you now have a beautiful baby to look after. Have you spoken about Post Natal Depression to your Health Visitor? If not it's definitely worth talking to her - she'll be able to possibly calm you and help you understand what you're feeling is very normal! You're a new mummy and it's a scary thing! I honestly think maybe you're feeling a tad overwhelmed and focusing too much on these symptoms, which is just gonna make them worse!

Enjoy your baby and try a relax.... Xxx

Mummy88scot
14-04-14, 22:35
Thank you for the replies ☺️ appreciate any advice.

Just not sure where all this has came from. My breasts are constantly sore mainly the right one, I don't breast feed. I'm constantly checking them and terrified to find something. I've been obsessing with them and I'm sure I've notice a change in my nipple on one breast. I'm going insane and can't handle this anymore. I want to be normal again and enjoy my two young girls.

X

Mrschurchill
15-04-14, 06:25
Checking them won't be helping hun, they will still be very sensitive and probably why they are still sore! I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about, especially with you being so close to having just has a baby! Your breasts will look at feel different, I don't think mine will ever go back to normal! Lol as long as you're not feeling any 'abnormal' lumps then I think you're gonna be alright! :) xx

Kirbear
15-04-14, 17:48
Mine are constantly sore, especially to the touch and I had my baby 3 years ago! They feel bruised all the time. I had a ultrasound for a lump a while ago and the dr said my breasts are currently healthy so I'm guessing it could just be hormonal or muscular (I have a lot of tension in my upper back so possibly related).

Mummy88scot
15-04-14, 23:07
Thank you ladies ☺️ and will try to relax a bit. It's just so hard when the pain is there. Health anxiety is still so new time so I'm struggling. Hope your all well xx