PDA

View Full Version : Introduce Myself-Chlo,19,UK,Emetophobia

Chlo-bo19
15-04-14, 01:12
Hiya everyone,
My name is Chlo and I am 19 years old from the Lincolnshire area. I have severe Emetophobia (fear of being sick) which presents itself in many different ways, for example: anxiety, panic attacks, physical symptoms, fear of food, fear of germs, fear of s*ck in general, public transport, going out, alcohol and catching illnesses to name a few. I started a Nursing degree, however, despite thoroughly enjoying the course, I had to pull out due to this phobia and the anxiety which comes along with it. I have lost 2st in weight and am becoming more reluctant to leave my home. I have diagnosed I.B.S which is made worse by the anxiety and am also undergoing tests for suspected Crohn's disease; something I am highly frightened of.

I would love to hear of any advice as I am currently struggling to cope whilst waiting for CBT, also, I have found a couple of techniques helpful with regards to anxiety. I love to help others, so feel free to message me. :) I believe anxiety/phobia/panic in any form is a debilitating problem which no-one should have to go through alone.

Away from the phobia/anxiety, I have a wonderful partner who is very supportive and considerate although she sometimes finds it hard to understand. I am a singer/musician, however, I have lost the confidence to post my videos although older ones are on YouTube. I have a love for theatre and being on stage (although I can't do this anymore) I enjoy the dance in all different forms. Lastly, (I know I've babbled) I love sport and gym/fitness.

I am determined to get over this horrible stage in my life, if anyone has any advice or may be able to help please message me.

Take care, Chlo x

venusbluejeans
15-04-14, 12:00
Hiya and welcome to NMP:welcome:

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Chlo-bo19
15-04-14, 13:56
Thank-you, I think I will. :) I've found the reading very useful already!

LunaLiuna
15-04-14, 17:27
:welcome: Chlo!