PDA

View Full Version : Prickly sensation around lips and nose?

anxious_thoughts
15-04-14, 03:19
Hey guys
Anyone ever experience single pricks around your mouth and nose? They don't happen all at once, it's all here and there. But right now I keep getting them, kind of worried because of a brain tumour or MS.

When I itch the prickle spots they go away then another spot feels prickly. It's so weird :(

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

It almost feels like a hair is touching my face but there is nothing :(

Worried 24/7
15-04-14, 03:56
That's so weird that you mentioned that, I get that in my upper lip sometimes under my nose and it drives me crazy!

Earthmum
15-04-14, 17:16
Yes!!!!!! On my top lip all the time, always think I'm having an anaphylactic shock from whatever I have just eaten/drank!.....
Think it's do with our high anxiety levels!

Fizzy Warrior
15-04-14, 18:30
Yes, I get that too! Around my mouth, chin, nose and eye sockets! Thought it was symptoms of a heart attack (because I'm convinced everything is a symptom of a heart attack! I get chest pains etc too, but my doctor has told me several times that there's nothing wrong with my heart) I get the tingly/prickly feeling you describe and sometimes a sort of numbness and sometimes it just feels like a small area of skin (about the size of a fingertip for example) is cold, this often happens around the outer corner of my eye, it feels like some cold tears have leaked out onto the skin. My doctor said it is caused by anxiety and even when I googled it (I know I shouldn't google symtoms!) - but even Google for once didn't come up with sinister reasons for it, nearly every result that came up said it was most likely anxiety related, so I think maybe it really is!