PDA

View Full Version : should this still be happening???

leenalou
15-04-14, 03:23
hi everyone just wanted some advice
been on fluoxetine 20mg for 14 months after the initial side effects wore off
i was doing great had a blip in january for about a week or so after minor surgery
but it passed and was doing ok again until two days ago
dont know if its another blip as i have been under a bit of stress and im now panicing because my period hasnt arrived
or i need a med change/increase because these blips are starting to happen too often or do i just need to give my head a wobble
thoughts and advice would be appreciated xx

Oosh
15-04-14, 09:37
Id give your head a wobble. I was on Fluoxetine for four years before i noticed it stop working and discontinued so id say it may have a lot of life left in it yet.

Stressful events can obviously take their toll. Id try and get past the stressful events to a period of stability before changing or upping meds.

If you feel the fluoxetines consistently not protecting you then yeh, get back to your gp. I often wonder if, at the end of my four years it was big stressful events that had punched a hole through my prozac effectiveness. Felt a bit like a damn that no longer held back the tsunami of stress crashing against it.
Break up, alone in a new city with social anxiety etc.
I just came off it and have never gone back on it. I balanced out in the end.

My gp had always tried to persuade me to come off it at the end of each course and then go back on it as she didnt want it to stop working so was my own fault really.

So yeh, id see how you go for now.