PDA

View Full Version : WARNING - BLOOD RELATED. Been brave today

t0rt01se36
15-04-14, 12:31
I have been suffering from tiredness and also think I might be Anaemic.

This morning, at my Doctors appointment, i decided to be really brave and I had a Blood Test done. :ohmy: I was anxious but not too bad, so I looked away, closed my eyes and talked to the doctor, whilst he took my blood.
My arm had a small amount of blood on it afterwards, but Doctor wiped it off. Panicked me a bit though lol.

Now i'm home and feeling anxious, cos I'm convinced there's something wrong with me, but dunno what.

As I said to my Doctor, it's about time I found out what was wrong and not just mentally.:ohmy:

Danny_dingle
15-04-14, 16:38
Hey Tortoise,

A lot of the time depression and anxiety can be the cause of you feeling run down, not any blood related/medical condition. When I first got diagnosed they took three vials of blood from em and sent them off to check for everything going - I was convinced I had Scarlet Fever and that was why, but everything came back normal!

They are pretty swift with the results on these things but remember, if you seem to be waiting a long time give the docs a call - sometimes they will only contact you if something is wrong. Sometimes if everything is fine they won't call you at all, so you could end up waiting for weeks when you could have known after just a few days!

Hope it all goes well and remember, if you are anaemic it just takes a few iron tablets and you'll be right as rain again!

Danny xxx

t0rt01se36
15-04-14, 17:18
I have been told to ring back in 2 weeks time.

Apart from the blood sugar level prick machine, I don't think I've ever had a blood test done.

Thank you for your message, Danny. I agree, anxiety and other mental health might be the reason for my tiredness and I'm grieving the loss of my Mum.