PDA

View Full Version : Having Hypos 2 hours after eating- Cant Cope

gordie1
15-04-14, 23:16
Over the last 2 weeks I have majorly turned my diet around. on 4 metformin and 3 glipazide a day Blood glucose was 28, in a week with diet cutting all bad carbs I got it down to 9.8 after breakfast and glipazide. Today has been awful and weird. I had breakfast this morning 2 weetabix with banana boiled egg and slice of toast glipazide before it and metformin after it I went out for 3 hours did shopping had a starbucks decaf coffee came back home I was sweating all over shaking and could not even hold a pen I thought it was a hypo had a glass of orange juice a ham roll and a packet of crisps felt much better. Tonight I went to my parents house for a meal mince and potatoes vegetables raspberries and brambles with ice cream (low sugar) and a coffee, glipazide before and metformin after 2 hours later the same thing has happened shaky all over dizzy and I had 2 weetabix feeling a bit better. Confused because I am eating really differently than I did 2 weeks ago I am feeling all shaky light headed and racing heart despite being on betablockers I cant cope with this not with my health anxiety

HoneyLove
15-04-14, 23:20
Hi gordie, are you talking about meds and diet for diabetes? If so it sounds like you need to talk to your GP about what's happening, you might need to adjust some of your meds or diet. I think you'd be better off getting some proper medical advice on this one, I'm sure your doc can help you.

Catherine S
15-04-14, 23:27
Just thinking the same thing. If you are diabetic then much better to ask your doctor, even if there are fellow diabetics on the forum, they can share but cannot advise medication-wise, only your doctor can do that.