PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms of anxiety without any fear or trigger?

MavericK
15-04-14, 23:41
Hey guys, new member here! I went to the E.R. a week ago from today on account of my right arm going limp and tingles all over my body. I felt perfectly fine the entire day long and was even laughing with a friend when it happened. Scared that it might be a stroke, they administered blood tests, a CT scan, an MRI, and a EEG seizure tests. All came back fine and I went right back to work after 2 nights in the E.R. About an hour after returning to work, I began to experience labored breathing, tingles and numbness in my arms and legs, and twitches in both of my legs as well. I went back to the E.R. and they gave me a chest x-ray, blood tests, and EKG. Everything checked out fine, so I went home yet again.

Now 5 days after getting back from the E.R. I still have weak arms, especially the left, and labored breathing and twitches in my legs only whenever I'm active at all (even just walking around for 5-10 minutes). When I sit or lie down, I return to normal, just with a little bit of a weak arm. But it is brought on again every time I get up for a while and be a little active.

I never thought of myself as a particularly anxious person in the past and since I've considered the possibility that it may have been a panic attack, I've been very calm any time symptoms arise. However, the calmness in my head seems to do very little to quell the symptoms. I'm wondering if you guys think it was indeed a panic attack that is just lasting a while or not. I've been seen by 2 docs already who have run numerous tests to assure me that I have no serious problems to any organs. I'm a 23 year old male with no history of any anxiety or other medical conditions. Hope we can figure this out - thanks!

fruity
17-04-14, 13:56
mine started like that. well my first was a panic attack but soon after came those unwanted sensations/feelings whatever you want to call them. but i will tell you it does ease after a while. maybe days,weeks,years. but it will ease. and you will learn how to cope

mummyanxious
17-04-14, 14:20
Hi there
I've been struggling with the same but in my legs. My arms are generally ok though sometimes they are affected.

I never thought of myself as a particularly anxious person in the past and since I've considered the possibility that it may have been a panic attack, I've been very calm any time symptoms arise. However, the calmness in my head seems to do very little to quell the symptoms

Can relate to the last bit of that. I've been doing a lot better in my mind lately. For instance I was shopping today and while my mind was saying this is ok you don't need to run, its just anxiety, my body was doing a whole different thing. It's so tiresome :(