PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice Bigtime on This Please?????????

looking4answers
04-12-06, 01:47
Ok...I have heard everyone say dont lay around..It makes you feel tired get up and keep busy ..For the last two days i have been doing that.Yesterday I felt a little better and tried..no matter what I tried.Last night I was so exhausted early that I just didn't have any energy to worry too much..My day wasn't that full but for me it was really full.I went outside in the snow twice to do somthings that needed to be done..While out there I walked around.We had guest come by and usually don't have guest and I was a little anxious but soon calmed down.They invited us up to their place early this morning to help feed the horses and drink coffee..The reason bein is that we are getting horse in the spring and they want us to know what its like to have horses..I was tired when I woke but got together everything and dress warm..It was about 10 degrees this morning..I was double everything pants sweaters and etc..I am not use to having this much stuff on and it bugged me to start with then I went outside and used to electric garage door opener and couldn't open the door so had to do it manually .I came back in panting because i was tired and rested a few minutes and then we left to go there.We live at 8400 ft and they are at almost 10000 ft.We went there and on the way I was nervous and had anxiety but kept going.We got there and i coulldn't hardley breathe..I thought I ll be ok in a minute we have been there many times and it didn't bother me.By this time my face was sweating but my body felt weird..because of all the clothes I guess..We went in and drank a little coffee since it was early and I kept checking my pulse and it was pretty slow..I was really nervous but had a bright outlook.We don't usually go hardley anywhere.. So I tried really hard to concentrate on what was going on and the conversation although my hand finally warmed up I was still having a little problem with my thumb not being frozen..Finally after about an hour i could breathe..I guess I settled down and started breathing correctly but was feeling rather light headed..I couldn't relax..all the way like I had in the past..We went outside in the cold coming from smoldering heat and walked down a hill to help feel the horses..The whole time I was there i was feeling weak like I just wanted to sit down..finally after about 30 minutes we went back inside.It was back to hard breathing and feeling werid..At one point I don't know if it was the sunlight or the shadow or the heat in their house I felt like I was going to passout.The whole time I was there I didn't really relax..When we were leaving and got home I expected to feel bad and really I didn't I could breathe better and so I walked around the house and ate a little something and even though I still had all my clothes on double pants etc.. I felt cold.So I laid on the couch.My pulse seemed ok and just tried to relax..Then I got up and walked around a little and did a few things..Then I laid back down..I was feeling like all i wanted to do is lay down.I didn't really feel like doing anything.About that time they called I was feeling weird kindda like I had no blood in me and felt a little weird..I suspect now it was from using muscles that haven't been used in awhile..Anyway the more I laid there the more that I felt that I had no blood in my body...and was dreading our friends coming back by.I didn't want to get up.When they came by I still felt that way .. and wondered if I would faint..But they were wanting us to help with some computer work and I had to walk around a lot..I would feel better one moment and then the next I wouldn't..I felt anxious one moment and then I didn't..I just felt really bad all over.Its not like im sick..my pulse was normal and no fever and anyway..they left..I felt a littl better then.I laid back down and started watching television.I started closing my eyes and my mind was drifting into sleep,but really aware of what was going on..felt sleepy like your body want to sleep but your mind is active..My legs and arms started feeling like they were stinging all over but I was cold..I f

looking4answers
04-12-06, 02:18
Please somebody say something????????????????Really anxious about this and now my neck is hurting at the collar bone I feel it deep down into my throat too..Am I sick for real or is this anxiety?

Hexia
04-12-06, 05:24
I'm sorry you are having such a rough time, but I am sure you're not sick for real.
This sounds just like me when I take the kids out in the snow. The little one has to be pulled up to the top of the hill in order to go down it with his little sledge.
You have been doing stuff you're not used to, using muscles that are not fit and feeling anxious on and off all day. It's no wonder you feel tired and drained.

I went to my dr. once and complained that I had "not enough blood", because that is totally what it felt like. But of course I had enough blood, and so do you.
You probably just feel drained from all the wondering and the tension during the day.

Getting out will make you feel better, but perhaps not right away. The first many times can be awful until you begin to trust that nothing bad will happen.

I know that once you get a feeling that "something isn't right" you start feeling all your bodily functions so much more and that makes you feel even worse.

I know all the feelings you are describing, and they are horrible and scary, I know, but I am totally convinced that it's just anxiety and you will be fine.

"You can't yell loud enough to make me shut up."

eeyorelover
04-12-06, 11:09
Sounds like the anxiety just took over for awhile to me.
I know how scary that can be and I'm sorry that you had such a hard time.
Alot of what you described can be caused by just plain overthinking about things. The pulse checking (which I used to do constantly) causes you to worry. The lightheaded feeling like you can't breathe thing I've had countless times due to anxiety.
And the fact that you were tired afterwards, well with the rollercoaster of physical and mental things that your body goes thru during a panic/anxiety attack of course once it's over you will be tired. But just remember that you got thru it. I know it doesn't seem like it but it was a small victory because you didn't let the anxiety change you plans. You went thru with them anyway and that in the big scheme of things is a good way to change your thought patterns and in turn get a good handle on your anxiety.
I hope that you feel better soon hun.
xxx
Sandy

looking4answers
05-12-06, 00:16
thank you both for answering..I am trying so hard and the more I try the harder it gets..Sometimes I wish I could drink..allergic to alcohol but wish I could.i think thats how many people beat anxiety.They are too drunk to question anything and they can blame everything on the feelings from the alcohol.I want to get away from all this so bad and try to do other things to take my mind off of it but seems that it does it when I dont know its doing it.. Like today ..I posted already again..Its maddening...and insane ..I pray god just take it all away..