PDA

View Full Version : How to cope when anxiety is this bad?

cattia
16-04-14, 08:41
Since my Dr appointment yesterday when he had referred me for an urgent ultrasound, my anxiety is just through the roof. I am holding back tears every time I look at my kids because I think they are going to grow up without me. I feel so agitated that I physically don't know what to do with myself. I googled in the night which I am super mad at myself over because it has me even more convinced I have cancer. I know it could be many weeks or even months before I have a firm answer. I am so, so scared, I have to work and look after my kids and I don't know how to carry on as normal.

Darren1
16-04-14, 08:51
Hi Cattia I just read your original post to find out what this was all about.

From what you describe it sounds like a dental problem, like an abscess.

I've had abscesses in the past which made my face swollen but i did not have toothache - i went to the dentist who did an xray and saw the infection.

I have photos of myself in the past with this swelling and i remember to touch it didn't feel swollen.

Have you thought about it'?

cattia
16-04-14, 08:54
Thanks Darren, I didn't know you could have an abyss without pain. I called yesterday to book an appointment with a dentist privately and I am waiting for them to call me back. I hope it's that but I am terrified that it's cancer. I just don't know what to do with myself!

Darren1
16-04-14, 09:02
i had a recurring abscess in a tooth that was NEVER painful - in the end I had to have the tooth removed. I just kept getting the swelling.

i really doubt its cancer! ive never heard of a swollen face being cancer!

cattia
16-04-14, 14:10
I know, I hadn't either unti the Dr mentioned 'something sinister' and then I googled. Seems like there are all manner of cancers that can make your face swell!