PDA

View Full Version : Moving home.. so panicky

misskitty
16-04-14, 09:34
Hi all. I have had anxiety my whole life but in two weeks time I have to move and it's got unbearable this last week. I was doing ok with the move but then one morning remembered the last time I moved and the panic I felt and it all came back. I have this fear that I will lose my memory and forget those around me. In those moments I feel unattached from the people I need most :( I am so scared that this will get worse when I actually move as I get very attached to 'home'.

It is worse because I dont want to move, I love my home but its really complicated. I live with my boyfriend in his mums old house - she lives elsewhere and rents this one out. Anyway after promising this house to us for as long as needed I started to really make it a home. Then her young granddaughter got pregnant and so she decided to kick us out and move her in.

In the last few weeks suddenly she is having new windows, fixing the boiler, professionally doing the garden, decorating - basically everything she didn't do for us :(

Also she promised to pay the deposit for the new place and when we told her it was £750 she laughed and said you can have £300.. so now my savings are almost gone.

Sorry I hope I haven't gone on to much but wanted to give an idea of whats happening. Anyway my anxiety is through the roof and i get very few moments where I am not scared :( Please tell me I am not going mad andi won't lose my memory :weep:

Just wanted to add - I asked her to come round last week when I was having a panic attack and she called me mentally unstable :( :(

AlexandriaUK
16-04-14, 11:56
You are not going crazy you are coping with a very stressful time as we all know, and the last thing you need is a nasty piece of work treating you like a second class citizen, I think Its her who has a problem not you.
I cannot make your problems go away, but like many on here just lend you some support.
Would love to call her a bitch, but I know that's not allowed so I want of course.
Your new home will be yours not hers so I am sure you will feel better there.
:bighug1: