PDA

View Full Version : dont want another summer ruined

Darren1
16-04-14, 15:42
I am so sad

Last year my whole summer and excitment of buying a house was ruined because of my HA.

I have been on medication since August for depression and things were really starting to look up. And now I have been hit with the stomach cancer fear which I will have to now wait 6-8 weeks until I know if I have cancer or not.

My life is always getting ruined by anxiety. Why cant i just be care free and happy? I have a wonderful partner, lovely house, good career - it's all nothing if im constantly living thinking im going to die soon :(

i just dont have much luck with doctors

ankietyjoe
16-04-14, 15:45
And now I have been hit with the stomach cancer fear which I will have to now wait 6-8 weeks until I know if I have cancer or not.

Alternatively you could enjoy the next 6-8 weeks and worry about cancer IF you're actually diagnosed.

Honestly, it's like you won't be happy until your worst fears are confirmed.

nomorepanic
16-04-14, 15:47
You are the only person that is going to ruin it Darren so why not break that cycle NOW and get on with living.

Why waste time worrying about something that is highly unlikely to happen.

Annie0904
16-04-14, 15:59
You don't want another Summer ruined so don't let it be ruined. Plan good things and change every negative thought into a positive.

Darren1
16-04-14, 16:09
You don't want another Summer ruined so don't let it be ruined. Plan good things and change every negative thought into a positive.

I suppose it is all down to me. I've got to try really hard.

Annie0904
16-04-14, 18:33
It isn't easy Darren but every time you get a negative thought in your head you must challenge it and change it to a positive thought. The more you do this the easier it will get until the positive thoughts come naturally.

Yossino
16-04-14, 21:33
It isn't easy Darren but every time you get a negative thought in your head you must challenge it and change it to a positive thought. The more you do this the easier it will get until the positive thoughts come naturally.

Yup that's a massively good method I use. Also focusing just purely on feeling good. Lounging out in the sun or having a nice warm shower. Gotta enjoy the little things, they add up and really counter the bad.