PDA

View Full Version : Hi, new here

AlMc
16-04-14, 16:31
Hi, i was doing a quick google search for support groups in Glasgow but couldn't find any lol. I did find this website however and it looks pretty cool so i signed up after reading a few posts

Since i was around 16 - 17 years old i started getting panic attacks quite often but i learned to deal with them, i still get the odd one today but i dont get as freaked out and they go away as quickly as they start.

Then i started suffering with agoraphobia and for years i never left the house for any reason and i still suffer a little with it today but my main issue is that i just cant go any where there is people such as places like the shops as simple as it is lol. I also avoid places where i may need to speak to people as i always get my self confused and have no idea what i am saying and make a right fool of myself and this is a problem as i have missed a few appointments with my psychiatrist due to simply sitting in a waiting room and also the fact that the building is near by and ill probably bump in to someone i might know and have to chat to.

I used to be a really social person and in recent months i have been going crazy as i do teh exact same thing every day and its burning me out but i just can't do anything else ... its a vicious cycle. Anyone else similar?

MRS STRESS ED
16-04-14, 17:11
Hello and welcome AlMc

its hard I know I used to be the same cant go near people ,I was that bad I could not even answer the phone ,and the thought of meeting someone filled me with dred ,I decided I couldnt go on like this ,it was my son who gave me the push ,so I had thearapy and panic group meeting it was the best thing I done ,now so much better im back at work after 5and half months off ,I not in fear of meeting people now ,dont get me wrong its not been easy ,im still not good in places were there are lots off people ,but I just keep at it everyday xx

AlMc
16-04-14, 18:18
Thanks for your reply, yeha i find it hard to answer the phone as well. Currently waiting on my next appointment for the psychiatrist coming through but its been months. Would like to find some support groups also but unfortunately i have been unable to find any via google.

MRS STRESS ED
16-04-14, 18:25
My doctor helped me he was so understanding he gave me lots of support and put me in touch with the panic group ,I was so scared to go but it was brilliant people with the same problems as me ,just talking to them knowing I was not alone helped xx

AlMc
16-04-14, 19:11
That sounds like it would be a great help =) I always wanted to meet other people like me as it does get lonely sometimes. My GP did refer me to the local psychiatric care center but i have yet to hear or mention anything about any local groups and such. I might bring it up next time the cpn visits. Thanks :yesyes:

MRS STRESS ED
16-04-14, 20:06
That sounds like it would be a great help =) I always wanted to meet other people like me as it does get lonely sometimes. My GP did refer me to the local psychiatric care center but i have yet to hear or mention anything about any local groups and such. I might bring it up next time the cpn visits. Thanks :yesyes:

Your very welcome hun I hope you have a group in your area because it will be really benificial to you good luck x