PDA

View Full Version : exhausted??

Worried 24/7
16-04-14, 20:09
Just curious if anyone else out there ever feels completely exhausted despite coffee and feels like your legs are weak and you are being pushed down??

AlexandriaUK
16-04-14, 20:16
Imagine running ten miles without training and then add poor food intake and if that's how you feel then that's the consequence of anxiety, It is totally debilatating,try to lay off the coffee Its a stimulant and will not help.

xrachykinsx
16-04-14, 22:00
Coffee and caffeine in general is not particularly good for anxiety. I tend to drink decaf tea, I don't find I have a feeling of exhaustion...however I can relate to the feeling of being 'pushed down'

nomorepanic
16-04-14, 23:15
Try not to use caffeine to wake you up. Exercise would be much better

Ryan92
17-04-14, 00:36
Hi, I know the feeling. Caffeine can not be good for anxiety, maybe you could try eating healthier if you haven't tried already :)

A change in our diets can really help us cope with our anxiety etc, thats what I learned from my therapist and websites anyway :D

You could try exercise, just try and take it all 1 step at a time :), anxiety can sometimes make us feel so impatient and frustrated so sometimes we may try and do more than we are currently capable of.

Worried 24/7
17-04-14, 01:56
Yeah, I know that caffeine is a bad idea, but with two young kids I always fall back on it. I have to walk a fine line drinking coffee to avoid panic attacks from it. Exercise is a good idea, I'll try that :-) I'm so sick of being tired all the time:-/

MyNameIsTerry
17-04-14, 03:54
Being in an anxious state makes your body work much harder. Instead of caffeine, why not investigate whether you need more vitamins & minerals?

It does do this, I have phases of it when everything is much harder.

blueangel
17-04-14, 09:15
I'm watching my husband experience this at the moment, as he has quite severe clinical depression. He has been constantly tired and would quite happily sleep for 12+ hours a day. He's now just about starting to get to the stage where he isn't sleeping during the day, but he is getting anxiety and finds this exhausting.

Mora Mora
17-04-14, 21:38
I often get very exhausted with everything, especially if I'm going through a particularly bad patch with my anxiety, I still haven't found anything to really help. I try to eat rift and I exercise well but sometimes.... Just blergh really and wish I could stay in bed!

HalfJack
17-04-14, 21:51
I go through the same thing now and then, especially if I'm not doing enough exercise. Hope you work it out :) x