PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever felt like you're going insane?

Worrier13
16-04-14, 23:12
Some of you may know that my worst fear s schitzophrenia. So have any of you ever felt that like that's whats happening to you? I feel like il going crazy a lot. It usually goes like this (and has been like this for the past 7 months) first are two good weeks without derelization and really weird anxietylike feelings. Then two weeks after I'm so scared that im losing my touch of reality (I have never lost it tho). I just wanted to know of this is a common fear? Many days all my life revolves around this and Im hyper aware of everything sinnce I'm trying to notice every thing just to see if I hear voices or see things etc. Never have and hopefully never will. Am I the only one? Have long have u had it? Is it constant for u?

RoseEve
16-04-14, 23:18
Yes it sure is. Very common among anxiety suffers. The key thing to keep in mind is that people that go insane are unaware of it. Basically if you are worried about it it cannot be happening.

Worrier13
17-04-14, 11:51
Yeah, hope so :( thanks for your support!

ankietyjoe
17-04-14, 13:05
Very common indeed. Really nothing to worry about though (as hard as that might be!)

blueangel
17-04-14, 14:58
Agree with the above. The key thing is that if you think you're going mad, you're not, because you still have insight. If you're capable of rationalising about whether or not you're sane, you're anxious, not mad.

When you lose insight you're not aware of it! :)

SarahH
17-04-14, 15:35
I agree with all the above comments.....I too thought I was going insane until I ended up in a psych unit where it was explained to me that it is VERY common with anxiety sufferers and when you can master that feeling you are on your way to recovery.

Sarah