PDA

View Full Version : Help

katyfitz
16-04-14, 23:50
Guys I started getting this slight pain in breast and I panicked thinking I was having a heart attack and had visions of being rushed into hospital. My heart started pumping fast and I got really scared. Now frightened to go to sleep incase I don't wake up x

nomorepanic
17-04-14, 00:04
Heart attack pain is not in the breast but central chest pain so it is highly unlikely to be that

Probably pain from anxiety

Tanner40
17-04-14, 00:07
Check out the symptoms of panic attacks on the left side of the page. I think you will find your problems all right there.

Ryan92
17-04-14, 01:52
Hi Katy, Pain in our chests due to anxiety is very common. I feel pains in my chest very often.

When I have panic attacks, my chest feels so painful I believe Im going to have a heart attack but after some time, it goes away.

Have you tried deep breathing to relieve the pain ?, if not, inhale through the nose for a few seconds then pause for a second or two then slowly exhale through the mouth.

Fast heart pumping is a well know body reaction due to anxiety, it might be difficult to believe but you'll be absolutely fine :) :hugs: