PDA

View Full Version : Simple Partial Seizures

fedup36
17-04-14, 00:01
Ahhhhh
I have felt fine for a week now and been getting excited and ready for the wedding... However this just happened...

I was sat in the car slightly tilting my neck scrolling through twitter whilst waiting for my sister...

Then I get this like sensation like my eyes very quickly vibrate and then I get a split second of dizziness and a tingling sensation through my neck and in my hands...

I am convinced myself I'm having a simple partial seizure - it's scaring me so much and I don't understand what's happening. When I google it,MIT seems to be a common side effect of coming off anti depressants but I've never taken them :(

I know people can't diagnose but I'm freaking out :(

MyNameIsTerry
17-04-14, 06:24
It's possible to have dissassociative seizures with anxiety & depression or even experience them from stress. They are often linked to past traumatic events.

The best thing to do with seizures is to speak to your GP because they will refer you to a neurologist to check for any signs of epilepsy. Then he/she will rule out other factors before reaching something like dissassoociate seizures.

fedup36
17-04-14, 09:34
Hi, thanks for your reply...
Think is I've seen a neurosurgeon and 2 ENTs, had MRI scans and asked if it's seizures and they all said no... I then saw my doctor again as the zaps got worse and he said I would have been picked up on by now if it was...

I just need to believe... Yesterday in fact I had an anxious few hours as I thought I had a sick bug so that's probably where this jolt came from....