PDA

View Full Version : Only in the Evenings...

Rainboww
17-04-14, 09:49
It's like as soon as 5pm hits everyday the anxiety starts. I'm struggling to manage it. I think that's why I have never been brave enough to talk to my doctor about it - I wake up in the morning and feel so much better.
It's like a vicious cycle.
I've thought about trying to meditate - but finding it hard to fit this into my life. They say the best time of day to meditate is in the morning when the mind is fresh. Is this right? My anxiety is always at its worst in the evening so would this help me? Does anyone do this and have any tips?
I really don't want to have to take medication for this - I'm on enough already...

mummyanxious
17-04-14, 10:46
I meditate in the evening. I find it really helps.
You do know that your body is now tuned in to be anxious at a certain time as you're expecting it and almost bringing it on? It's like anticipatory panic. Your body and mind will know what time it is and act accordingly x

Rainboww
17-04-14, 13:26
I meditate in the evening. I find it really helps.
You do know that your body is now tuned in to be anxious at a certain time as you're expecting it and almost bringing it on? It's like anticipatory panic. Your body and mind will know what time it is and act accordingly x

I suppose it does. I go rock climbing most weeknights in the evening - I find the exercise really helps and is a bit of a distraction. But when I don't go, I find myself sat at home thinking about things.
How did you learn to meditate?

mummyanxious
17-04-14, 14:16
If you have an iPhone there is an app called headspace. It's really good. Not sure whether its available on android.

Rainboww
17-04-14, 15:29
If you have an iPhone there is an app called headspace. It's really good. Not sure whether its available on android.

It is available on android - I have just downloaded it - thanks for the tip :)

---------- Post added at 15:29 ---------- Previous post was at 14:41 ----------

I just did 10 minutes of meditation with the app and the way I felt afterwards actually freaked me out a little bit - so calm!

mummyanxious
17-04-14, 15:30
Hahahaha. Yes I struggle to be relaxed sometimes. Sounds like it helped though :)

Rainboww
17-04-14, 15:41
Hahahaha. Yes I struggle to be relaxed sometimes. Sounds like it helped though :)

Yes it did - at first though I thought I was about to faint and actually a little light headed! haha.

mummyanxious
17-04-14, 16:51
Keep it up, Ive been doing it every night. Sometimes I've gas to repeat a session as I've fell asleep mid session ha