PDA

View Full Version : Neurology appt today - petrified of her looking in eyes!

DaisyP
17-04-14, 12:42
This seems really silly as although I am nervous about my appt today I am confident about the neurology tests she will do as I have done these myself and they seem ok. However, because (I think this is the reason) I cannot look into my own eyes to check my optic nerve I am so scared of her looking into them and seeing it inflammed. (I have MS worries)

I have had an optometrist look into them already and take photos of the back of my eye and he said they are 100% healthy and no sign whatsoever of optic neuritis.

So why am I scared? I think it's because as I said I can't check my own eyes like I've been obsessively checking my muscle weakness etc..

I hate health anxiety. Hoping today will put my MS fears to bed.

ankietyjoe
17-04-14, 12:51
This seems really silly as although I am nervous about my appt today I am confident about the neurology tests she will do as I have done these myself and they seem ok. However, because (I think this is the reason) I cannot look into my own eyes to check my optic nerve I am so scared of her looking into them and seeing it inflammed. (I have MS worries)

I have had an optometrist look into them already and take photos of the back of my eye and he said they are 100% healthy and no sign whatsoever of optic neuritis.

So why am I scared? I think it's because as I said I can't check my own eyes like I've been obsessively checking my muscle weakness etc..

I hate health anxiety. Hoping today will put my MS fears to bed.

Try and convince yourself that all is fine before you get the all clear.

You've already been told once that you're fine and yet you still worry, so it'll probably happen again unless you start to control your own fears.

In my experience HA is never cured by a positive diagnosis from a Doctor.

DaisyP
17-04-14, 14:13
Thanks Joe, hopefully today will help & then i can get over it myself. i have got over HA before (with CBT) I am confident I can do it again. Now just got to wait until 4.30 :ohmy:

blueangel
17-04-14, 14:54
So....... Why don't you believe the optometrist? They have done a lot of training and are experts. If you have a rational, logical explanation for why you **can't** believe them (such as if they weren't qualified), then that's fine. If you don't have a rational explanation, then you have to find a way of putting that thought aside.