PDA

View Full Version : Getting in a state

Munchlet
17-04-14, 13:11
Hi

I'm waiting for an appt for an ultrasound and as usual getting myself in a right old state. I've had two ultrasounds already last one was Oct 12 and the radiographer did the internal as well as external ultrasound and declared we can give you a clean bill of health.

However when I went to get results from the doctor she said that one of my ovaries was larger and showed a polycystic appearance but she again said not concerning all within normal ranges and not to worry.

But I am worrying I'd never really thought about it before but because I now have to go for another ultrasound Ive stupidly been googling and seen that an enlarged ovary can be a sign of cancer, so now I'm in a right old state thinking that this has just been overlooked and they should have investigated further.

I've also read that you can't a polycystic ovary it should be both sides affected.

So as you can imagine I'm in a realy panic I keep thinking surely the radiographer wouldn't have been able to say we can give you a clean bill of health and the doctor wouldn't have said it's normal if it wasn't?

Please anyone got any experience on this up until she said I had to go for another ultrasound I hadn't even given it a second thought but now I'm starting to put all my symptoms together and I'm thinking ovarian cancer. :weep:

Rainboww
17-04-14, 13:35
If it helps,
I had an ultrasound on my bladder just before Christmas - everything was fine with my bladder but they spotted a large-looking cyst on one of my ovaries.
I was scanned 3 months later to see if it was still there and it was but had decreased in size considerably. I was so worried it was something sincere - turns out lots of weird things can happen with ovaries - doesn't mean it is cancer. The appearance of cysts on ovaries varies to that of a cancer - if it looked cancerous they would have said something to you or given you some kind of clue.

Try not to worry too much about it - its more likely not to be cancer.

Munchlet
17-04-14, 14:30
Thank you Rainbow I keep thinking that the Radiographer wouldn't have been able to say "we can give you a clean bill of health" if she'd seen anything concerning, but you know what it's like with HA. I always think I'm the one that's slipped through the net or the one they missed.

thanks again