PDA

View Full Version : Having brain scan done

unsure_about_this
17-04-14, 18:00
I am having a brain scan done, due to me having NF, I need to have brain scans done, not had one done for 10 years, but regularly go the opticians, this is when something was pick up by the opticians when I was younger.

I have had a few scans done because I have been scared of cancer, mainly due to NF slight increase risk of certain types of cancer (thanks to reading the intenet)

If I had a brain tumour I would be sick and not being able to focus, properly etc. I have had no seizures. but do shiver when I am cold.

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

I did asked my GP could he refer me, as I have not had a brain scan since 2002/2003 so must have been due for one. I am quite surprise I have been able to get a scan so quickly.

I was pretty quick getting an abdominal ultrasound done, even though I was given a number to phone to book it by one of the GPs, she did not want to refer me when I had pain in late 2012. This was another GP at the practice, I can see any of the GPs at the practice, prefer some over others.

I think people would noticed is something was serious wrong with me, I am eating okay.

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 16:20 ----------

I have not had any bad headaches or been sick, but often wonder why when I was 11 and 12, followed by 18 why the gaps in years were longer. I supposed the doctors don't like people having too many scans.
I go to the opticians and something will have shown through these, and would have been refer.

I think I been refer to for a scan, because I was worried about a lump on my back as well, which is NF lump and had for a long time.

I don't like these machines very tight spaces.

unsure_about_this
18-04-14, 13:37
I had my brain scan, I have read reports (in the past) if there was a problem during the scan, they will phone/find someone who could read the results if it was serious, Whatever this scan may be

I got told I was lucky getting so many scans, the abdominal scans to make sure it was IBS or something similar, and not bowel cancer.

I don't think there were please I asked my GP to refer me to have a scan, I cannot remember my consultant who 1st sent me for brain scans where the optician spotted something wrong when I was young, I think this was either a bright spot or café au lait from the 1st to 2nd scan I had done it was much smaller.

I don't want to have any more scans done for a while, just when required for my brain due to NF.

unsure_about_this
18-04-14, 20:38
I know 10 years since having a brain scan, but how there did it today was different to last time, maybe a change in machinery and scanning equipment.

RoseEve
19-04-14, 01:25
I'm sure your scan is fine Phil, this was just a check up and you have no symptoms. When do you get the results ?