PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone!!

paul1972
30-07-04, 12:23
Hi everyone!

Just thought since I'd been posting quite a bit, it was time I introduced myself. I'm 32, and live and work in the midlands.

My problems started when my girlfriend of 7 years left me for another guy, that was really hard. I lost my house, and at the same time supported my ex through the trauma of the abortion after a drunken night out with her new boyfriend as he didnt want anything to do with the child.

I then made a big mistake and ended up having a rebound relationship with a woman , at the time not realising she was taking me for a ride financially, and within 9 months she had driven me close to bankruptcy, and then announced that she had been having an affair for the whole time she was with me.

That was a really difficult time for me, though somehow even though I felt like I was falling completely apart, I managed to keep my job, and my friends and family were very supportive. I've been on 4 different types of antidepressants, but I've been off them now for a year.

All that happened about 3 years ago now, and though things are still hard, I've managed to rebuild my life. I've always been into sports, mainly mountainbiking canoeing and climbing, and that has helped me as well through the darkest days when I just wanted to hide from everything.

I actually came on here to help a friend, but if my experience can help someone else then I'd be really happy, and I'm here for everyone.

Take care,

Paul.

sarah
30-07-04, 13:58
Hiya Paul

Sorry you have had such a bad time of it mate!

You sound like you are coming on a treat with all your sporty habits. You sound like you really enjoy it. And it takes your mind off things too so thats good.

Anyway, welcome to the site. Its great to have people here who are willing to help and share experiences with others.

take care
love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

sal
30-07-04, 14:36
Hi Paul

You really have had a hard time, but have shown that whatever difficulties we are faced with with determination and hard work we can over come them. Am having a bad day today so you post has made me take a step back and think about things.

Thanks and good luck.

Love Sal xxxx

seh1980
30-07-04, 16:57
Hi Paul,
Sounds like you really have been through a rough time. You seem to be coping really well though so well done!! It isn't easy so you should be really proud of yourself. You are an inspiration to all of us!!
Sarah (seh1980):D

paul1972
31-07-04, 16:58
Hiya everyone!

Its been a hard time, but I have leared so many lessons over the last 3 years, Its been like a complete re-education! If my experiences han help someone else, even if just one person benefits from it, then I'll be really happy. I dont want anyone to ever be hurt as much as I was at that time.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!

Take care,

Paul xxx

nomorepanic
31-07-04, 17:49
Hiya Paul :D

Sorry to hear about all the women hassles - we aren't all that bad I promise.

Are you now single then?

Glad to hear that you have had a good 3 years and are doing so well now. Well done on that.[^]

I am having a hot weekend but I am fine thanks.

Thanks for the PM's too.

xx

Nicola

paul1972
03-08-04, 22:18
Hiya!!

Just mailed my pic, so it should be up soon!

Thank you for everything you have been saying, your kind messages. It was a rough time, but things are improving.
I'm really embarrassed about admitting I think the nail biting habit is cute - I just hope I'm forgiven now! I bet there are no single women anywhere who bite their nails - my friend (the one I posted about) bites her nails but is taking a break after a bad relationship.

Thanks again for the support,

Paul.

paul1972
04-08-04, 16:53
Well my pic will be up today i hope! That will scare everyone away :(

nomorepanic
05-08-04, 20:31
Sorry Paul

Never got round to it last night and won't tonight.

I am busy cleaning the house for the meet-up on Saturday lol.

Will get it on soon I promise.

Nicola

paul1972
06-08-04, 11:55
Hi Nic!

No problem, please don't worry! At least people wont be scared away till its up!

Have a good day Saturday, and a good weekend!

Hugs,

Paul x

nomorepanic
06-08-04, 20:56
Ha Paul

Surprise Surprise

I put it on this evening, that will teach you lol

x

Nicola

paul1972
11-08-04, 16:06
Hi Everyone!!

Hope you are all okay, missed everyone! haha I knew no-one would chat to me after my pic was uploaded :( sorry just having a bad day.

Take care,

Paul x

Laurie28
11-08-04, 16:16
Hiya,

Anything in particular that's making it bad, Paul?
You don't have to go into it if you don't want too!

Lucky

paul1972
11-08-04, 16:43
Work and relationships and life and money. All in a days work, sometimes it makes you really weary. I need a break I think.

Hugs for caring,

Paul x

Laurie28
11-08-04, 16:48
Yip Paul,

Sometimes 'normal life' just gets you down a bit eh. Any holidays planned (even time off from work?)

It will probably do u the world of good

Lucky

tara
11-08-04, 16:52
hi Paul, it's ok to have a bad day now and again, just don't let it get to you. You seem to have done really well and occupied yourself with sports, maybe a bit of lite exercise will do the trick. Take Care Tara xx

paul1972
07-11-05, 11:39
Hi again everyone!

Just logged on to see how everyone is doing - I'm doing good, involved very much with the public in my job now, and its going really well. Its amazing but once you have the confidence to get out there in the first place, your confidence grows, and everything comes together!

Hope I can still be of help and support to anyone I can.

Cheers,

Paul.

trac67
07-11-05, 12:04
Hi,

Glad to hear your doing well, its good to hear positive stories.

Hope it keeps going that way for you.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Gail32
07-11-05, 16:04
Hi Paul!
I have been reading about how you feel and I am in the same position as you other than I had a bad marriage then went straight in to another realtionship for the last 2 years where I have been really used by a guy who has taken me for a rel bad ride and took my money too !
You are not alone beleive me, and it hurts like hell!!
God I am not bitter am i ??!! ha ha
But just wanted t let you kow I know how you feel !!
Gail x