PDA

View Full Version : A little bit about myself!

Smalldude
17-04-14, 22:41
I have already posted this in another section but my anxiety relates to this section, plus there's a few more people viewing this area so id appreciate any comments :)

Hello everyone, I'm new here. First of all I hope everyone is feeling okay today?

Here's a bit about my self and my worries'
At 10 days old I had heart surgery after heart failure which was all fixed but was left with a slight murmur (which has never affected me) I also have Scoliosis (curvature of the spine) which in 2009 I had rods inserted. This year after annual extension operations I had them taken out.

Now turning to my anxiety... It was late 2013 and as everyone does I got a little bit depressed with the weather and not being able to do much. Then in one week I lost my 14 year old Labrador which had been with me since she was a pup which I was distraught about. 2 days before this our 6month puppy jumped off a bridge and had to have her leg amputated. This led to me feeling very down, confused and very upset leading up to Christmas.

Just before new year my great grandad was taken seriously Ill (he lived on until not too many weeks ago. But after his first stay in hospital i started getting extremely paranoid and worries about death and what happens etc and almost wanted to know what it felt like although I had no suicidal thoughts. Soon after this I seemed to have a blocked nose which just wouldn't go away. With this undeveloped a pain in my chest which felt like a muscle strain. I also felt like I couldn't take a full breath and often found myself needing to take a deep breath.

When I finally plucked up the courage to tell my mum we went to the doctors who believed that I had strained a muscle (I am an active person) and after a general assessment gave me the all clear. This didn't really convince me but I think I went a day or too with minimal pain/worries.

During all this I had my final major surgery on my spine. Therefore all bloods were checked and X-rays had been done and there were no concerns that may have been picked up. One morning in hospital I was left enclosed in the curtains with a used urine bottle next to me with no buzzer to call and in pain from my back. I then had an extreme pain on the left side of my chest and my heart was pounding. I had an ECG and everything was normal and everything seemed to settle down but the pain was still dull. This was 2 months after my symptoms first started and had convinced myself not to think about dying.

Symptoms continued for another month not getting any worse maybe slightly better infact? 2 weeks ago I noticed I had a constant headache so again being silly I checked google so I now had a 'brain tumour' the headaches have now calmed down and have pretty much disappeared.

Last week I went to see the heart team and had full heart scan ecg and Eco etc and said my cardiac, arteries were excellent and no abnormalities.

Quite recently whilst playing football I attempted an overhead volley (6 weeks after my spine op, not the best idea) no pain initially but a few days after I kept getting sharp pains in my shoulder blade so I searched google and surprise surprise the first thing that came up was the big lung C. So now I've convinced I may have this. The sharp shooting pain has died down a lot but can now feel a very tight pain in the top right of my torso and slightly down my side, in the past 2 days I have started getting a stabbing pain in the centre of my chest which lasts for a couple of seconds and then everything's ok, so now I'm very worried. I'm off to see the doctor Thursday just to have a check up. I have had no coughs but as many of you know once you read something that's it. So this is basically my story. Few other things I am quite a shy, nervous person at the best of times.

Thanks for reading, all the best, Lewis

bingjam
17-04-14, 22:54
Hello there!!!!

This site is great.... propper god send to me...

Ill tell you like many people will tell you...

DONT GOOGLE haha.... he always gives you the worst outcome...

Tour shoulder is proberly connected to your bavk op, and the fact you jumped into sports to early... take it easy :)

X

Smalldude
18-04-14, 21:32
Bump as posted late last night

Catherine S
18-04-14, 23:05
I replied to you on the other one.

Yossino
19-04-14, 10:41
I'm no doc but that screams pinched nerves. Especially after spine correction surgery. Also googling always leads to saying it's cancer. Yeah you could search for pain in big toe and you'll find a page that says it's cancer.

Smalldude
19-04-14, 13:50
I'm no doc but that screams pinched nerves. Especially after spine correction surgery. Also googling always leads to saying it's cancer. Yeah you could search for pain in big toe and you'll find a page that says it's cancer.

Thanks Yossino, it has calmed down a lot now, although did pick up when i went for a little run yesterday so I believe I am probably exercising too soon after surgery. I've been trying my best to keep off google and I have for about 3/4 days which is good for me it was literally every minute of the day at one point, it was almost I wanted something serious to be wrong so I could have a bit of closure...