PDA

View Full Version : I Am Happy to be Here

wbhgirl
18-04-14, 00:18
Hi ...I am a 57 yr old woman who suffers from GAD with agorophobia and panic attacks. I have been in talk therapy for many years. I have practiced many types of therapy including CBT, EMDR, and IFS. I have suffered from anxiety since I was 5 years old. My mom and my son suffer(ed) from anxiety as well. I am terrified to take SSRI's so continue to be plagued by this disorder. I read forums by people on these drugs and along with possible side effects I talk myself out of trying them. I know the anxiety takes a huge toll on overall health which is also worrisome to me. I have developed a driving phobia in addition to the anxiety and invested in a driving program (fear of driving) online. It didn't help. If asked, I would be described by others as a strong, confident, professional who is successful at work. Obviously, it's not how I feel. I read everything I can about anxiety and techniques to help. I look forward to reading positive experiences and tips from others. :)

Oosh
18-04-14, 07:09
Welcome to the site wbhgirl :-]

ray52
18-04-14, 10:47
Hi :welcome: to the site

SADnomore
18-04-14, 17:17
Hi, there, wbhgirl! I'm sure you'll find lots of support and ideas to help, here! :hugs:
Marie

SarahH
18-04-14, 17:23
:welcome: