PDA

View Full Version : Complained about kidney area & got x-rays on spine...?

bulan
18-04-14, 00:56
Yes, I complained about pain on my left side, and today I got an abdominal ultrasound, but also x-rays up and down my spine.

I have very little pain in my spine, except for slight pain between my shoulder blades when I move my back a certain way.

In fact, I had pain in my lower spine for about six months, which was getting worse. I feared it was cancer until physiotherapy and changing my posture cleared up that pain altogether.

My question is, when the doctor confirms that I have pain in my kidney area, why would he want to take a look at my spine as well?

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

I also have stabbing pain to the left of my stomach, and I can't figure out how that would be related to spinal issues either.

Instead, it makes more sense that I've got something going on internally, in the upper left abdomen. At the very least, I wonder if all this pain is really IBS masquerading as other things?

Of course, my mind jumps to the worst-case scenario as well--cancer.

But given that I have no back pain, I'm worried about why the doc would order a complete x-ray of my spine?

Does anyone have an idea?

RapTalon
18-04-14, 01:01
Pain in our bodies can certainly be a strange thing. I was having random dizzy spells, and I was sent for scans of just about everything., including my lower body Apparently pain can stem from a completely different area of the body than it is felt in, and the doctor giving me the x-ray told me it's pretty standard procedure to scan any area that might be causing the problem. A precaution, I guess :)