PDA

View Full Version : noises

creatrix
04-12-06, 14:06
Okay, I know some people hear rumbling sounds and noises in their heads associated with anxiety, but does anyone ever hear noises right at the back of the head by the neck? It almost feels like blood rushing down, but it sounds like when you stretch a tight muscle: very very tiny and quick pops or crackles. It's just odd and I'm wondering what it could be. It usually happens when I'mlying down trying to go to sleep.

jill
05-12-06, 09:02
Hi creatrx

I have had this. I would say mine sounded like a clicking, this has never worried me, never even thought about it being an anxiety symptom, mmmm, now, YOU have mentioned it, I do think it is just one of many symtpoms, Mrs anixiety gives us to scare us. I do think it has something to do the the blood and muscle tention.

I can't even remember the last time it happened I tought myself just to ignore it. When are anxiety levels are high we do notice every little thing with are bodys, then ask why, this in turn makes us worry, when we can't find the answer.

Hope this helps

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

halfwayhome
05-12-06, 09:12
I don't know if anyone else has ever gotten this, but sometimes when I'm especially stressed or tense, if I put my neck in a certain position, I'll hear a noise.. I don't know how to explain it.. I guess sort of a clicking noise? Has anyone else ever heard of this? I also get the ringing in my ears when I'm extra anxious as well... oh anxiety & the symptoms it causes.

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

xoxox

jill
05-12-06, 09:47
Hi halfway home

**if I put my neck in a certain position, I'll hear a noise**

I have just been sitting hear moving my head and I can hear the same thing. Have you ever heard people clicking ther fingers [?]
They pull at there fingers and they make a clicking sound, I don't know the medicall jorgon, but I know it due to the stuff that is produced in to body, the stuff that helps are joints work smothly, it is a fluid when we move in a certain way, it makes a popping sound, or to some sounds like clicking. I can do this with my fingers and so can most people, even those who don't suffer anxiety, it nothing to worry about.

The ringing the the ears is very common, most people get it and there are lots of threads on here about it.

Hope this helps

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

PanickyPolly
05-12-06, 13:17
I've had a creaking sound in my head...like it's coming from my bones for years and years...ever since I was a kid I think. I'ts never bothered me for some reason though.

creatrix
05-12-06, 18:39
Thanks, all. The noise actually doesn't "bother" me at all... it almost feel slike some sort of release... it's kind of pleasant. But it also seems no normal, you know? Always gotta have something to worry about, I gues!