PDA

View Full Version : I feel like a prisoner of my own mind

Worried 24/7
18-04-14, 15:00
I am reaching the point where I just feel like giving up and never getting off the couch ever again....I develop new symptoms daily, I am spending ridiculous amounts of time googling, my husband is fed up with me and I feel completely broken down. I have been to the urgent care twice and ER once in the last two months. They blame my problems on sinuses and other minor things but I know it has to be something worse.. I'm terrified constantly. Im currently having pain in the right side of my chest thatt is radiating from my armpit area which has felt tight off and on for weeks. Im positive now that I have breast cancer. Im positive every day about having a different rare disease or cancer. I don't know what to do. Im working on getting a primary care doctor but I cant get in for a few weeks and im scared I'll die before I can make it there, or I have cancer a.d it's gonna spread to stage four before then. I seriously dont know what to do anymore!!!!!!!

HoneyLove
18-04-14, 15:12
Hi worried, you sound very wound up and stressed, I'm sorry to see you feeling that way. Have you considered treating your anxiety in any way? To try and break the cycle of the irrational thoughts and stress.

Worried 24/7
18-04-14, 15:14
I am scared of anxiety meds. Im scared they will make me like a zombie or something. :(

HoneyLove
18-04-14, 15:57
There's a lot more to anxiety treatment than taking medication, you don't have to take any if you don't want to - I never have :)

A therapy like Cognitive Behavioural Therapy can help you look at the way you think and change the irrational thoughts that scare you. A daily relaxation method like meditation can help you sooth your body and mind and help you feel calmer. And raising your mood levels naturally through exercise, a good diet and lifestyle as well as doing things that make you happy will also help.

There's a whole lot you can do without medication!

Worried 24/7
18-04-14, 15:59
I just always feel like nothing can possibly help how scared I am constantly. How do you escape your own thoughts??

HoneyLove
18-04-14, 16:04
How will you know if any of this could help if you don't give some of it a try?

It's not possible to escape your thoughts, however with CBT it is possible to learn to bring them back under your control, and meditation can lead you to a more peaceful mind.

Fishmanpa
18-04-14, 17:09
How will you know if any of this could help if you don't give some of it a try?

It's not possible to escape your thoughts, however with CBT it is possible to learn to bring them back under your control, and meditation can lead you to a more peaceful mind.

What was it you said a therapist told you about doing the same things yields the same results?

Positive thoughts

HoneyLove
18-04-14, 18:57
What was it you said a therapist told you about doing the same things yields the same results?

Positive thoughts

If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

A fun way of saying if you want things to be different then you need to change something :)

Hellly
18-04-14, 21:02
Hiya.

I can't give you the answers to your problems but know you are not alone. When reading your post I was thinking 'omg this is me' down to the fed up husband.

I also don't wanna go down the road of medication, I have been on them before and yeah they did turn me into a zombie :-( I am currently waiting for my first CBT session so fingers crossed .

All I can offer you a virtual hug :-)

Worried 24/7
19-04-14, 04:14
Thanks you so much Helly, hugs always help :-)