PDA

View Full Version : Hospitalised

Angel78
18-04-14, 17:46
I am a 35 yr old mum of a beautiful daughter I have been in hospital for 9 months with severe panic disorder I have recently been sectioned due to numerous suicide attempts, the hospital put it down to attention seeking behaviour and do not realise the severity of my panic attacks they say they have never seen a case like mine, I feel alone desperate and suicidal can anyone relate..".

SarahH
18-04-14, 17:50
Hi Angel,

Sorry to hear you are so unwell. I was in a psych unit this time last year with acute anxiety. I found that the best way to get better was to completely and FULLY engage with all the staff and activities.... that was the way forward and the way to get better.The staff were amazing.

Good luck

Angel78
18-04-14, 17:54
Thanks Sarah I am trying to engage fully but I'm losing hope in the methods I'm not on many meds they have tried all sorts but I'm treatment resistant,

SarahH
18-04-14, 18:00
Angel,
Treatment resistant??? Are you sure!!!

What meds are you on and what therapies are you trying...... is there a good Occ Therapy team?

Sarah

Spot-the-frog
18-04-14, 18:01
Just to say hi and welcome to NMP.

Keep posting and keep updating us, we are here to listen and support you.

Karen x

Jacsta
18-04-14, 18:02
Sorry to hear you are struggling, welcome to nmp :)

The fact that they have sectioned you means they do take your illness seriously. With them saying they haven't seen a case like you before...well in my opinion EVERYONEs illness is different, with no "one size fits all " cure. Work with the staff there like Sarah says...they are your tools to recovery, keep being honest and keep engaging.

With the suicidal thoughts and them saying attention seeking...I think there are different levels of suicidal. All levels are serious and are a symptom of mental illness, a symptom that needs addressing. It is a distressing place to be but it is something you can recover from. I don't think attention seeking is a good term, at the end of the day they need to accept that these urges are very real to you and are a cry for help. Have they taught you any thought exercises to help you work through the cycle? Think back to counselling sessions, and try techniques, and please ask the staff for help if the urges are getting worse

x

Angel78
20-04-14, 12:53
Hi guys, I am engaging in a programme called MBT its because they have diagnosed me with Borderline Personality disorder in relation to the Panic disorder, I have been sectioned for 3 months without any leave. I'm treatment resistant to medication and the therapy doesn't seem to help, im desperate alone and scared I cant get better and I miss my daughter!!

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 ----------

ps sarah Im on Paroxetine 30mg and mirtazapine 45mg and a zopliclone prn at night, the OT team are good but the attacks wont stop ! x

OCD-Greyback
20-04-14, 16:27
I am factually unable to relate to the fact of suicide and such Miss. However I have stated to myself I have made one attempt and such.

However I no longer have the fact of self harming, due to a promise to one who's love is my entire existence and one I treasure and never wish to lose, and whom I miss as the days increase in busyness.

As for the fact of BPD I am aware factually, as it is one factual condition I have been suspected for myself and such, amongst a multiple of them.

Best of wishes to yourself Miss Angel, I have no factual doubt you like all DPGs and ladies will succeed and progress to completion and return to yourself. If you require any factual assistance by method of communication, I shall if possible be glad to oblige and be of factual use.

I am factually sure your daughter misses yourself also, and she her love and your bond remain factually eternal, deeper than factual blood and such Miss.

SarahH
21-04-14, 07:29
Sounds to me like you are NOT treatment resistant as you are on meds and MBT which is the correct method for BPD.
I think you should work hard at the treatment, talk to the staff,OT therapists and "engage" as I have already said. If people were all treatment resistant then all then they would never leave hospital........ your daughter is the reason you should work hard at getting better..... what would she do without you?!!!! Use that thought as your mantra............ NO-ONE its treatment resistant.................

Sarah

Angel78
23-04-14, 21:40
still here , does anyone else suffer from tingling sensations from anxiety??

eve22
23-04-14, 22:10
I suffer from the tingling and numbness!! Sometimes it feel that something is crawling on me!

SarahH
24-04-14, 17:08
Tingling is very common with anxiety...how are doing?

SadMan
24-04-14, 19:45
Hello, Gemma.
Please read this post.
You have a daughter (and possible, a husband?), but you still feel so lonely and thinking about suicide. But why is that? You' re not lonely! You' re not alone! You have a daughter!
You know what I could give for me having a son or daughter?
I don't have anyone. No girlfriend, no kids. So can you imagine how lonely I feel?
Why you feel lonely, I wonder?
I just really hope that everything will be all right with you.
I wish you all the best.