PDA

View Full Version : lost in the darkness

airwolf451
04-12-06, 14:50
Hi my name is Stephen, im 32 and from belfast, i have been suffering with Anxiety for the last 12 months, so the doctors tell me. i dont get out much as part of what i have is a fear of dying or something happening to me if i leave the house. most days my body and my mind is in turmoil, I dont sleep much and the only people i have to talk to are my family and who ever i meet on the net.

I dont want to sound liek a hopeless case but thats the way i feel most days, even right now i feel like somethinbg is going to happen, and my body is all over the show, i just want to curl up into a ball and wish it away.

have tried tabs, cipralex, cipramil, and prozax, none of which helped only made matters worse. Diazepam so far is the only thiing that takes the edge of it and i only take 2.5mgs a day or when its really bad. wnet and seen a shrink and they have given me zispan whish im afarid to take as i heard its only for depression.

it effects me physicaly diown the left side of my body, everything from numbness to extreme tension like someone is crushing me with a iron weight, dizzyness, weakness, heartburn , swelling under my left breast, and more.

pls can someone tell me they have been through this and that there is a way out of it.

im so gald a finally found this site and met a real nice girl called cookie last night on here, who said this is a great sight.

i hope to find the answers here i need,

God Bless and thank you all in advance.

Stephen

manmoor
04-12-06, 14:56
Hi Stephen,

A big warm welcome to you. I live not to far away from you. You will be made very welcome here. You are not alone and everyone here is lovely and will help all they can.

Take Care

Mandyxx

airwolf451
04-12-06, 15:08
Thank you very much Mandy, and to all on thi site, i hope i can find the answers i need here, and in return help or just listen to anyone who needs help.

God Bless all

miss diagnosis
04-12-06, 16:10
hi stephen

Everyone here knows how you feel and we will help u anyway u can!
Im from Dublin. My last trip up to belfast was a bit scary cos we took a wrong turn and ended up on the wrong road!!

kazzie
04-12-06, 16:14
Hi Stephen and welcome!!!

I think most of us on here can understand how you feel!!

You will get lots of support on here and I promise you that you can and will recover.

Take care

Luv kaz x

airwolf451
04-12-06, 16:19
hey thank s for you message, still a little lost as to how to find mywayaround this site, i used to live in dublin for 10 yrs and if i ever get better, sorry when i get better i want to go back as i love it there, to me its home , im sure you know what i mean.

hope to here from you soon

Gob Bless ,

Stephen

kazzie
04-12-06, 16:24
STEPHEN PLEASE!!!!!

NOT IF BUT WHEN COME ON!!!

POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE PLEASE!!!:D:D:D:D

HAVE YOU TRIED THE CHAT ROOM YET???

LUV KAZ X

honeybee3939
04-12-06, 17:29
Hi Stephen

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way.:D

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

sandie
04-12-06, 17:37
Hello

So glad you've found NMP - it will help; I've been visiting for just over a week and its really helped me get through some very difficult days. First Steps is definitely worth reading. The chat room is very helpful too.

Hang on in there, stay with the site, keep reading the posts and replying where it helps.

Thinking of you and take care

Sandie

wobily_lin
04-12-06, 17:54
elo Stephen,

A big welcome to the site....ye be okies here...specially with the manmoor up close to ye lol.....i from Dublin but live in uk....the craic is ninety there innit....u'll get lots of support here and ye soon find yeself round....an make plenty of mates...nice to have ye onboard..tc..

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nomorepanic
04-12-06, 19:45
Hi Stephen

Welcome aboard.

Have a good read of the website at www.nomorepanic.co.uk

Loads of advice on there too.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

trac67
04-12-06, 21:00
Hi Stephen,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

libbie
05-12-06, 15:51
hiya. i too have tried all the tablets, and they made me worse. but like you, i have diazapam, but i dont take them all the time, just when im bad. i take rescue remedy. it does take the edge of the "feeling", especially if you take it as soon as you notice your symptons coming. try it.

feel free to p.m. me if your worried
take care
libbie

Lindalou64
05-12-06, 17:41
HI STEPH DUH ME YA OTHER POST WAS RIGHT THERE
THE MIND IS NOT QUITE WORKING YET LOL
SORRY