PDA

View Full Version : I FOLLOWED AN AMBULANCE

hopeful
04-12-06, 14:51
Driving home from work this morning I had to move over to allow an ambulance past,the lights were flashing and the siren wailing.The ambulance followed my route home,turning left,then right.By the time we reached my turning I had convinced myself they were going to my house,that it was for one of my family.Luckily it passed straight by.
When I got in my house I felt sick and my neck was hurting so bad as if someone had given me a karate chop. I rang my husband who said there are hundreds of houses in the area and why would it have to have been going to ours. He made me see sense,bless him.
I started to relax,got the lads off to school, went to bed for a few hours and now feel ok. this just reminds me that my anxiety is always just one step behind.
Take care
julie x

manmoor
04-12-06, 15:52
Hi Julie,

I know what you mean I just have to hear the siren of an ambulance to set me off. Glad you feeling better now hun. Anxiety is always one step behind us but we will always try to stay one step ahead won't we. xx

Take Care

Mandyxx

Lindalou64
04-12-06, 16:01
so true mandy i think all moms and dads always feel like oh no its my kids or something back in the day my sister would hear one and she would always jump in her car thinking it was her son had to help her with that now i see myself doing it not so much jumping in car but thinking oh no i need to call my boys think its normal for some of us i dunno..........................tc xx Linda

honeybee3939
04-12-06, 17:34
Hi Julie

Im just the same, i think we always fear the worst, only last week i told my husband to turn the car around and check, as a fire engine went down the end of my road. Mind you he didnt hesitate, he dosnt suffer with anxiety but he is good at leaving the oven switched on !!!:D

love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

happyone
04-12-06, 19:49
I remenber a few years ago, (when I didn't think there was anything strange about my behaviour :D) being detoured past an accident on the road. I convinced myself it was my hubby and daughter. I drove round the block and tried to get in from the other side but of course was detoured again. So I parked up and walked down, not to the exact place, just near enough to see that it wasn't his car.
Later on I thought, those police must have thought I was one of those accident watchers!
Happyone