PDA

View Full Version : New member from North East England

Eddiebruv
19-04-14, 08:27
Hello
I was diagnosed with health anxiety nearly a year ago now. I've been on 3 types of antidepressants which did no good. I fact I got severe depression off amyl which took months to recover from. I've also tried beta blockers to try to reduce general tremors, which also did not work.
I've now got a severe problem with very sensitive head and face nerves as well as very sensitive hearing. It's very distressing and dives me mad. Recently I was recommended Gabapentin to reduce the nerve sensations but it made me really ill and tired so I had to pack that in as well. It was a shame because I think it helped slightly.
I just started pregabalin 4 days ago and I really help that this can give a little relief because I have to work and it's really very hard to cope at the moment.
I've been assured that all my (many) physical symptoms are all psychologically based and that time, therapy, accepting that nothing is physically wrong and maybe the help of medication will bring normality. I certainly hope so!

ray52
19-04-14, 13:19
Hi and :welcome: to the site/forum you will find a lot of info and people to chat to on here

hanshan
19-04-14, 13:40
Hi Eddie,

I take pregabalin, and it's helped me, so I hope it can help you. You may want to start a thread in the pregabalin side of the website. Good luck, and hope things go well.