PDA

View Full Version : leukemia? desperate to find a reason for crippling pain

roxy90
19-04-14, 14:37
Hi everyone.
My knee/ankle and shin pain is getting considerably worse. Pain in my shin is sharp and severe it feels like it is coming right from the bone. I've been having chest tightness, sore throat and cough lasting ages, sore gums and pains in my arms too.

The pain is so bad I'm crying. I'm so scared the walk in centre was jam packed so closed early I broke down outside I'm so worried I just can't take anymore worrying. Want everything to end :(

Tanner40
19-04-14, 14:44
Roxy, DVT's, PE's and now leukemia. Did you ever make it back to the doctor to get this checked out. It is obvious that until you do, you are going to worry yourself to death. The doctor has said that the knee is bruised. Possibly referred pain from that knee but I'm certainly no doctor.

What I do know is that continuing to google and research the possible myriad causes is going to give you great anxiety. It's time to do something to help your HA. We talked about distraction and projects the other day. What project can you do today?

roxy90
19-04-14, 17:44
Hi tanner.
I'm not googling anything in fairness, I had a bit of a leukemia fear a while ago and vividly remember the site saying that bone pain is a tell tale sign as not much else causes it.

It also explains a few other symptoms, tight chest, constant cough/sore throat, low grade fever and not excruciating bone pain.

Suffering from health anxiety unfortunately does not make us immune from illness. Anyone else with symptoms would be taken seriously and probably tested straight away for leukemia. Me, I'm just treated like I'm mental and imagining it.

Distraction does not work when the pain is severe.x

HoneyLove
19-04-14, 18:43
Have you considered getting a physio to help you with the leg pain? They might be able to give you more detailed guidance than your GP saying your knee was bruised.

roxy90
19-04-14, 18:49
No I haven't. The severe shin/ankle pain is in both legs and now beginning in both arms.

SUPERXERO
19-04-14, 21:05
Lots of things can give your bone pain

rebeccad
19-04-14, 21:36
I have shin pain and it's from skipping , if I pressure shins they really hurt and feel bruised , have you been exercising ?

Tanner40
20-04-14, 01:01
You're so right, Roxy. Suffering from HA does not make us immune from other illnesses, but when we know that we have anxiety, we have to make a plan to deal with it. If you had leukemia, my guess is that you would follow the doctor's directions to a T. So what are you going to do to deal with your irrational thoughts surrounding your HA?

roxy90
20-04-14, 11:41
I am on the list again for CBT, which I will be attending if this intact my HA and not leukemia/DVT. X

Tanner40
20-04-14, 12:49
Good for you for getting on the CBT list. That's a great thing to do for yourself. You know that it could take a long time to get your appointment. Why not try the frr, online CBT course while you wait. It has helped me a lot.

roxy90
20-04-14, 21:29
Unbelievably I have a degree in psychology and a year was based on CBT and other therapies. I know so much about the ins and outs pros and cons of it I feel like subconsciously I was not letting it work. I have to go in with an open mind this time.

My chest has been tight all day, well my windpipe area and it feels like I have mucus stuck down my throat of few dreadful but I am still here. Here's to be (hopefully) better day tommorow!

mummyanxious
20-04-14, 21:31
Have you read 'a life at last' ? Really has opened my eyes I can tell you. So much common sense overlooked by a frightened person